This is a 6 month term position with possible extension.
The Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 284 is an over 8,000 member union for school employees and higher education workers in Minnesota. SEIU unites 2 million diverse members in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico to improve their lives and the services they provide.
Manages SEIU division communications, media and digital work to support priorities for growth, to involve members and the public in achieving those goals, and to brand SEIU Local 284 as the union for school employees and higher education workers in Minnesota.
Directs communications and digital strategy for the union’s internal and external organizing programs and political and legislative programs.
Manages external media relations strategy and implementation.
Manages the local union web site, campaign web sites and digital properties that support the priority campaigns.
Provides spokesperson training for local leaders and members.
Manages speech writing and other visibility work for leadership.
Serves as a key contact for communications with allies and partners.
Manages campaign event communications – strategy, message, look and feel, materials, marketing, media outreach, event flow and agenda
Commitment to progressive social change, strong communications experience. Must have demonstrated ability to manage own work and work of others without supervision. Requires a high level of judgment and ability to take initiative and work independently. Must be able to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and set and meet deadlines.
Bachelors degree in communications or related field. Five to eight years of related work experience or a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience developing and implementing strategy on a wide range of campaigns, including organizing, contract, political, and legislative, as well as experience working with community allies.
- Thorough knowledge of media relations and digital strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic and print media systems.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to continuously develop knowledge and skills related to use of rapidly changing technology.
- Knowledge of unions or other advocacy organizations.
- SEIU Local 284 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/pjwwq67