GENERAL DUTY STATEMENT:
Performs supervisory, managerial, and administrative work in planning, organizing, and directing the operations of marketing and communication initiatives for the City of Saint Paul. Performs a highly responsible and professional work in planning, organizing, and executing a comprehensive public relations program. Develops, prepares, and implements a section budget and manage the associated funds. Develops division or department educational material and/or promotional brochures, and literatures. Researches, writes, edits, and arranges for the distribution of news releases, publications and special articles. Prepares and edits scripts and speeches for presentation at public meetings or for media. Develops and presents public education programs for schools and community organizations. Plans, arranges, displays, and exhibits materials to promote public relations or inform the general public. Maintains and/or designs information on website(s). Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Essential Functions are the functions that the individual holding the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. The Essential Functions for this position are identified in the Supplemental Information section of the Marketing and Public Relations Manager Job Description.
The current vacancies are in the Public Works and Planning and Economic Development (PED) departments.
The Public Works position handles all media relations and external communications to promote better community understanding of Public Works activities, including snow removal, street maintenance and construction, bridge construction, sewers, and recycling. Upcoming projects include a citywide Bicycle plan, the reconstruction of Kellogg Boulevard downtown bridges, and implementation of the Complete Streets Plan, which focuses on designing streets for every type of user from cars to bikes to pedestrians. This position is also responsible for internal communications to support more than 360 employees in multiple locations. Key responsibilities include promoting professional development, supporting racial equity initiatives, and developing strong employee morale.
The PED position handles all external communications and media relations for the department, and on behalf of the Saint Paul Housing and Redevelopment Authority. Ongoing major activities include the redevelopment of the Ford Site and implementation of the City’s 8/80 Vitality Program. The position works closely with the Mayor’s Office, city departments, federal and state governmental units, and neighborhood and commercial organizations. PED strongly supports racial equity initiatives, with a stated mission of “Actively creating opportunities and encouraging investment for the benefit of Saint Paul residents and businesses, which preserve, grow and sustain downtown and the city’s diverse neighborhoods.”
Tuesday, March 03, 2015
Monday, March 02, 2015
Each employee can make a difference at St. Jude Medical and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on St. Jude Medical :
The Sr. Manager, Internal Communications is responsible for developing and implementing global internal communication programs directed at helping to engage our employees around the world with the company mission. He or she will drive the overall internal communication strategy for comprehensive editorial planning and development, vision and values positioning, leadership messaging, organizational change communication and related communication planning and support.
As a key member of the Global Communications team, this individual will partner with Marketing Communications, PR and business partners from virtually every functional area to develop and implement internal communication strategies as part of broader integrated messaging to support company strategy and meet business objectives. He or she is directly responsible for communicating with executive leaders and their teams companywide. This individual will also provide support to the Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Community Relations on other strategic projects as needed.
The role will focus on continuous improvement of our internal communication messaging, processes and channels to effectively reach and engage our diverse global workforce.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand St. Jude Medical’s marketplace success :
- Drives internal communication strategy, best practices and strategic direction
- Manages integrated communications planning in partnership with PR and Marketing Communications
- Manages relationships across multiple areas to enable effective, consistent communication and positioning of St. Jude Medical
- Coordinates the execution and management of internal communication tactics
- Direct effective communication practices to help shape and share the SJM story with employees – our best brand ambassadors – by working with partners across the organization to articulate our story as it relates to brand, strategy and performance, corporate responsibility and community giving, products and therapies, customers and patients, and our people and programs worldwide.
- Actively listen to employees via feedback, surveys and readership analytics to understand what is most successful from a communication delivery standpoint as well as understanding key areas of employee interest, confusion, opportunity and alignment to further inform planning and execution.
- This role also supports other strategic communication needs related to organizational change, business development activities and special projects as needed.
- Manages external agencies to achieve defined strategic objectives
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Your preferred qualifications and education :
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- 10+ years combined experience in communications, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Excellent writing ability, knowledge of AP style and experience writing for a variety of media with strong editing and proofreading skills
- Experience managing direct reports and external agencies
- Must be able to comprehend the nature of healthcare communication, understand and follow internal and FDA communication guidelines
- Experience managing communications initiatives across multiple functions and/or business units
- Ability to work independently and lead cross-functional teams
- Proven skill in message development positioning and strategy
- Must be able to strategically execute communication campaigns and deliver measurable results against objectives
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
Job : CM-Internal Communications
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting : Feb 27, 2015
St. Jude Medical
Apply online now.
Thursday, February 26, 2015
The Associate Publicist is critical to the successful execution of agency public relations campaigns, including but not limited to media relations, social media, blogger relations, influencer engagement and event support. The Associate Publicist is will support senior members of the account team while also leading small to mid-sized client business.
85% Current Client Management and Execution
15% New Business Development
Responsibilities for the Associate Publicist:
· Prepare and disseminate information regarding client’s organization through newspapers, periodicals, television, and radio and other forms of media that meet both the needs of the client and those of the media.
· Lead small and medium local and/or national accounts.
· Work under Sr. Publicist on large and/or national accounts.
· Develop comprehensive, creative and successful campaigns.
· Ensure features are obtained, press releases are effective, clients are prepped and execution is flawless.
· Monitor media for opportunities for additional exposure or possible problems or issues.
· Develop and lead social media strategy.
· Establish genuine and trustworthy relationships with journalists, reporters, editors and bloggers.
· Generate new media leads through research, networking and referrals.
· Research and keep abreast of each media contact’s interests and story needs and provide value by presenting options and commentary.
· Lead tactical execution of campaigns.
· Delegate tactics to other team members as needed.
New Business Development
· Generate leads through networking, referrals, events and other sources.
· Assists Sr. Publicist with research and preparation of new business proposals.
· Keeps management informed by collecting, analyzing and summarizing concerns, data and trends.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge consisting of: attending professional workshops, reviewing, professional publications, establishing personal networks, reviewing best practices and participating in professional societies.
· Approve Assistant Publicist and Intern documents and activities.
· Provide final edit for all Intern activities.
Associate Publicist Requirements:
- Bachelors degree (degrees in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications preferred)
- Knowledge of the inner workings of the media
- Knowledge of MAC computers preferred
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
- 2+ years of experience in public relations or journalism fields. Preference given to those with agency experience
- Creative and strategic thinking abilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong emphasis on writing and copy editing/proofing
· Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a public relations firm
· Ability to develop strong relationships with media personnel and recognize opportunities for stories
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills
· Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Incredible attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and with teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, lead and manage up to three direct reports
- Ability to create strong relationships with prospects, clients and the media
- Self starter, extremely motivated, takes initiative
- Ability to work on and manage teams
To apply send resume and cover letter to email@example.com