- Minnesota American Marketing Association - http://mnama.org/
- Minnesota Advertising Federation - http://adfed.org/
- Association for Women in Communications - http://awctwincities.org/
- Minnesota Public Relations Society of America - http://mnprsa.com/
- Minnesota Headhunter - http://www.mn_headhunter.typepad.com/
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Friday, August 18, 2006
Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. M-F
An internship at Weber Shandwick is intended to provide a true learning experience for the employee along with the opportunity to observe public relations professionals in a business environment. It will provide familiarity with the PR field and with the functions of a large agency.
Interns assist our PR practitioners with day-to-day duties including research, writing copy for news releases and feature stories, coordinating PR programs, assisting in the organization and preparation of special client events, compiling media lists, pitching client stories and participation in creative sessions.
- Solid writing and communications skills - Willingness to learn, question and challenge - Keen attention to detail - Thrive in a fast-paced environment - Strong interest in PR field
- Bachelor Degree (Communications/Media)
Inquiries and applications:
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Carmichael Lynch is looking for an editor—typographical ad proofreader to join our permanent staff. Ideal candidate has a degree in English, Journalism or communications, as well as past typographic proofreading experience (3-5 years) with corporate copy, graphic standards and AP style standards.
Send resume to email@example.com or send to Julie in Human Resources, Carmichael Lynch, 800 Hennepin Ave., MPLS 55403 or fax 612-334-6171.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Win/Win Radio, an innovative PR services company specializing in radio promotions, has an immediate opening for Business Development Manager. Responsibilities include recruiting and retaining new clients, presenting company capabilities and expertise to prospective clients, creating client loyalty strategies, developing on-air strategies for clients, assisting President with business reviews and planning, monitoring trends in public relations and marketing. Seeking individual with 4+ years of public relations experience, preferably with agency background. Must be an excellent communicator who enjoys networking and project management. Prefer BA degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Business or related area. Competitive base salary and incentive program based on sales.
For a complete job description click here.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1. No phone calls, please.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Overall primary function is to represent Target Stores both internally and externally; coordinates and manages the company's public relations and media relations strategies.
Being the primary spokesperson for Target Stores externally to media and on community crisis issues.
Managing overall public relations strategies for Target Stores
Responding to media inquiries about the company.
Coordinating news releases on store openings, store closings and other company issues.
Coaching, counseling and training team members from senior vice president to store executives on handling media inquiries.
Counseling senior management on public relations strategy.
Managing public relations agencies
Being the a liaison with other company departments on issues including legal, real estate, government affairs, community relations and advertising.
Manages budget of media relations department.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Relocation provided.
Post secondary degree in communications, public/media relations or journalism, and a minimum of 7 years related experience Excellent news judgment Well-cultivated contacts within print and electronic news media and knowledge of the unique attributes of each Outstanding written, oral, and presentation skills Excellent organizational skills to plan, manage, and execute media projects Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment Ability to work well with all levels of management Strong creative, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills Ability to plan and manage media events and briefings Excellent people management skills
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Duties for these positions include:
- Conduct and manage research to support public relationsSuccessful candidates will have 4-8 years of experience and the ability to handle a fast-paced environment with outstanding attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong communication skills (both verbal and written) are required. Ability to work in a team environment, as well as strong client management skills. Experience on integrated campaigns, a plus.
- Coordinate execution of public relations plans
- Contribute to the development of client's public relations plans
- Heavy focus on media relations; regular client contact including strategic counsel and execution of high-profile media relations campaigns
- Staying current with relevant media, generating ideas for media outreach and pitching the national media
- Developing media relations materials including news releases, media alerts, bylined articles, and other press materials
We have a wonderful work environment and offer a competitive salary and benefits program. If you would like to join us, please send resume and cover letter to:
8000 Norman Center Drive
Minneapolis, MN 55437
Apply now, click here.