As a member of the College’s proactive Development and External Relations team, the Director of Marketing and Communications manages the college’s marketing and communications function for both internal and external constituencies.
• Brand development, implementation and management
o Develop and implement a college-wide brand identity that encompasses all aspects of the College.
o Work with internal clients to implement the brand identity through a unified marketing and communications plan that supports St. Kate’s strategic plan, articulates its mission and vision and demonstrates commitment to its Catholic traditions.
o Thoroughly integrate the brand identity and marketing strategies with the College’s web identity.
• Manage a multi-faceted public relations campaign that brings local, regional and national recognition of St. Kate’s as an educational leader and trendsetter, especially in the fields of health care, education and business.
o Develop community, media and public relations strategies and tactics consistent with the brand identity that enhance the recognition of the value of St. Kate’s as an educational leader.
o Work with media/public relations manager to plan media opportunities, events and availabilities that reinforce St. Kate’s leadership role.
• Manage a staff that provides creative design, writing and production services for print and electronic communications as well as media, community and public relations.
This position demands marketing and branding expertise, market anticipation, the ability to see the big picture of the strategic plan while implementing on a day-to-day basis, public relations sensitivity, media sense and visionary capabilities.
The director must articulate messages rooted in the College’s commitment to its Catholic traditions. The incumbent must work with those charged with each aspect of the College’s marketing and communications activities, encouraging them to work aggressively and proactively as they collaborate to assure that the College claims its rightful place in very competitive market places.
This position will help the College achieve national visibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, or related field, and five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in managing a comprehensive communications operation in an academic or non-profit setting, advanced degree preferred.The incumbent must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills consistent with a nationally leading academic institution that educates women to lead and influence.
• Extensive experience in the following areas:
o Developing and leading a strategic media relations program
o Building and implementing a marketing plan that establishes strong brand identity
o Success in building and managing a team of marketing and public relations professionals
o Collaborating and developing effective relationships with staff members, peers, senior administrators, trustees and external constituencies
o Website development, management and optimization
• Strongly prefer past experience in higher education, a broad network of contacts in the Twin Cities and an appreciation for and understanding of the three elements of the mission of the College: women, liberal arts and Catholic.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources, F-17, Req. #07AM02, The College of St. Catherine 2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105, or fax to 651-690-6871, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org Priority will be given to applications received by June 1, 2007
The College of St. Catherine
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer