BAE Systems Armament Systems (AS) is the leading source of major caliber gun system solutions for the U.S. armed forces, and a key supplier of launching systems for the U.S. Navy. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Armament Systems supports its customers with over 2,000 employees located at production facilities in California, Colorado, Kentucky, and South Dakota, and product support and engineering facilities in California, Florida, New Jersey, and Virginia.
Plans, executes and manages a variety of media relations and communications activities for BAE Systems' Armament Systems. The Communications Specialist will work as part of the Armament Systems' communications team, but will specialize in promoting programs for the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Performs some combination of the following duties:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Manages communications for a major DOD programs. Creates and directs nation-wide public communications program including trade press, print-media, on-line media, radio and television. Manages the performance of sub-contractors performing media relations efforts on the programs behalf, including content, cost and schedule performance. Prepares, conducts or coordinates press releases, interviews and the public release of information. Develops and manages Army Programs communications on the web, both internet and intranet. Manages the technical and creative performance of contractor organizations developing or maintaining the www.cannonartillery.com and www.nloscannon.com. Plans and coordinates execution and implementation of contractual meetings including Government and Program reviews and award fee activities. Researches and produces executive summaries, white papers, PowerPoint briefings, capability statements and news releases. Develop and maintain relationships with key defense trade reporters and business reporters. Develops and executes strategic and tactical external communication plans. Plans and coordinates execution of program visits for government officials, officers and foreign national personnel. Directs and develops and maintains budget for communications-related projects. Works as part of a division communications team to execute a strategic communications program. Coordinates activities and plans with internal communications, government relations and community relations staff. Reports directly to Armament Systems' director of communications and government relations. 0-25% travel required.
1. Work requires a level of educational development, normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor?s degree in Business Management, Communications, Political Science or a related field.People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
2. Work requires a minimum of three-to-five years of related experience in media relations, communications, and project management.
3. A high level of analytical ability is required to understand and determine internal and external customer requirements and communicate them effectively.
4. Work requires a high level of written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
5. A substantial level of innovation is required to identify, develop and distribute effective program communications.
6. Possess a keen ability to communicate highly technical information and military jargon to a variety of audiences.
7. Understanding of the U.S. military and the U.S. political process is preferred.
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Click here to apply.