Initiates, develops and executes strategic public relations plans that are aligned with Marketing, Sales, and Communications and Programs objectives.
1. Leads the development and execution of strategic public relations plans that support product and franchise and corporate activities; recommends the use of appropriate media options and tactics. Applies product, clinical and market knowledge throughout the process.Qualifications:
2. Manages media inquiries, creates media opportunities and identifies media leverage points that help build product awareness and brand while ensuring consistency within the BSC brand.
3. Champions the development of media key messages and talking points for key tradeshows, scientific meetings, and major activities (e.g. recalls).
4. Communicates proactively to all levels of management and stakeholders. Champions communications messages throughout the organization. Communicates and educates corporate communications about major divisional activities and messages to garner corporate support.
5. Fosters strong relationships with key customers and partners, both internal and external. Participates in project teams outside of Communications and Programs. Serves as a liaison and resource for initiatives.
6. Partners with and manages PR agencies to ensure that initiatives meet objectives. Directs and initiates solutions in support of continuous improvement.
7. Defines, tracks, and maintains budgets while ensuring cost-saving measures. Participates in the development of department and franchise budgets, adhering to corporate priorities.
8. Applies finance principles to the development of department and franchise budgets.
9. Analyzes program impact and metrics for projects and/or launches. Provides recommendations and creates plans for continuous improvement.
10. Maintains knowledge of public relations industry trends and best-in-class practices as related to responsibilities.
• 5-8 years of Public Relations or Communications experience in Medical Device or Healthcare related field.Please apply for this position by going to www.bostonscientific.com/careers and click on job search. Please then enter requisition number 26252.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience required.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Travel required.