Dedicated to the growing health care needs of individuals over the age of 50.
People over the age of 50 represent the fastest-growing segment of our nation's population. Ovations is dedicated to enhancing access to quality health care for this market, as well as low-income Americans and those with disabilities.
Ovations works with local and national institutions - including federal and state governments, AARP, Medicare and Medicaid - to help find innovative ways to bridge gaps in health care for these important, often vulnerable populations. The company is engaged in four primary lines of business.
Communications Director - Issues Management
This position offices in Minnetonka, MN.
Effectively and efficiently manage all communications to all affected audiences surrounding significant planned and unplanned events that may cause disruption throughout or within Ovations.
- Manages strategy and tactics surrounding issues communications for Ovations, working with leadership to meet objectives surrounding issues communications management.
- Manages intake, image and disposition of all issue communication, including tracking factual information, defining appropriate course of action to manage specific issue, and serving as "go to" person among the senior management.
- Manage all media relations support including serving as spokesperson on issues and providing media training to additional spokespeople.
- Develop and improve relationships with key journalists and media outlets.
- Staff and arrange interviews with the CEO and other senior executives; provide supporting documentation and materials to ensure UHG's preparedness and key message penetration.
- Creates, manages and disbands adhoc work teams brought together for the purpose of managing communications surrounding a specific issue.
- Writes all supporting internal and external communications surrounding a topic including talking points, frequently asked questions, backgrounders, audience communications, etc.
- Works closely with corporate, regional, divisional and local site representatives to ensure broad understanding of external communications strategies s and approach.
- Responsible for appropriate filing and distribution of communication per legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for frequent, accurate status reporting to Senior Management and key stakeholders on regular basis.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 10+ years of work experience in a public relations agency or department as a senior leader.
- Media relations skills and relationships with top-tier media as a corporate spokesperson.
- Skills in writing, editing, communications plan development, consulting, budgeting, project management, presenting.
- Creates, builds and maintains relationships that enhance performance.
- Obtains commitments from individuals or groups to ensure organization's success;.
- Provide clear direction and make fact-based decisions.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Knows how the business works and knows the health care industry.
- Knowledgeable in policies, practices, and information effecting the business and organization.
- Has relationships with key national and local media