Provide Communications support for Portico Healthnet. Develop and execute communications plans and initiatives. Write, edit, coordinate production and assist in distribution of various Portico publications. Develop presentations for different key audiences. Write, edit and manage website content. Write and submit news releases and articles. Manage media relations. Identify recognition opportunities and prepare award applications. Assist with contacts database management.
Writes, edits and/or manages production of annual report, newsletters, brochures, news releases, articles, reports, presentations, award applications and web site content.
Manages distribution of annual report, newsletters, and brochures, and manages submission of news releases and articles
Consults with staff to develop communications plans based on business needs and the strategic directives defined by Portico Healthnet.
Serves as staff leader of Portico's Communications Task Force, under general direction of management.
Experience and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field. Master's degree preferred.
Five or more years experience in marketing communications project management, including media relations.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
· Ability to provide copywriting and creative input;
· Ability to write, edit, present and implement concise effective communications deliverables
· Ability to guide others in a project management capacity;
· Ability to translate business needs into effective communications strategy and tactics
· Effective problem-solving and critical-thinking skills;
· Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
· Ability to work independently and as part of team.
About Portico Healthnet
Founded in 1995, Portico Healthnet is a health care and social services agency with a mission of reducing the number of uninsured people in Minnesota. Portico's programs provide application and enrollment assistance to Minnesota Health Care Programs, as well as an innovative private coverage plan to access preventive health care services.
Complete an online application at
For More Information
Contact Christopher Bargeron at 651-603-5115 or firstname.lastname@example.org