Are you interested in working for a Fortune 500, publicly traded company recognized as a global leader in our industry?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is nearly a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. We move these products down the value chain to wholesalers and retail dealers through our global distribution system. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
We are currently seeking a Director, Community Investment for our Plymouth, MN location. The Director, Philanthropy will be responsible for directing and managing Mosaic's overall charitable giving and community involvement strategy, consistent with our business strategy. Key responsibilities for this role will include setting up a governance structure and guidelines for reviewing and approving charitable contributions, addressing the formation of a Mosaic Foundation, and helping our businesses and regions maximize charitable involvements and contributions.
- Design a corporate community relations strategy in alignment with Mosaic's business strategy that can be instituted enterprise-wide across business and regions. In addition, assess Mosaic's business needs as well as recognize the business motivations and rationale for philanthropic contributions and participation.
- Create governance system for managing, distributing and tracking contributions, both in approving the causes and allocating funds (with appropriate policies and process) as well as systematically disbursing, recording and following up on the contributed funds and programs to ensure they are utilized as intended.
- Assess whether Mosaic should form a corporate foundation, closely coordinating with our finance team and senior managers. If a foundation is deemed warranted, the candidate will be responsible for setting up the governance, policies and membership that will optimize the foundation's contributions in support of Mosaic's business objectives.
- Lead a team of Public Affairs professionals in various regions/businesses that are responsible for executing community relations programs. Responsibilities would include training, development and community involvement. In addition, the team would be responsible for cascading Mosaic's community relations policies and best practices throughout the company.
Required Education, Experience, Skills:
- Bachelor's degree is required. Major in the community/philanthropic area is preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive experience in the area of community relations.
- Experience working in a large multinational company as well as with a corporate foundation is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong leadership and strategic skills.
- Ability to design a global program with input from a diverse group of employees.
- Executive presence and ability to communicate well with senior managers.
- Strong team player.