|ORGANIZATION: ServeMinnesota!|| |
CATEGORY: Public Relation and Marketing
Founded in 1994, ServeMinnesota began as the Minnesota Commission on National and Community Service. It was housed within the Department of Family and Children’s Services and was the designated recipient and administrator of funding for Minnesota's AmeriCorps program. In 2002, the Minnesota Legislature approved the organization becoming a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization with the broader mission of advancing national service and volunteerism across the state. Over the past five years, with the leadership of its Executive Director Audrey Suker and the Board of Directors, staff have worked together to strengthen the organization's strategic role in addressing the needs of its Minnesota communities. The organization has succeeded in establishing itself as a nonprofit and in providing statewide leadership to meet critical needs with AmeriCorps resources. ServeMinnesota provides invaluable programs and services to Minnesota communities. With the dedication of more than 600 AmeriCorps members, ServeMinnesota has improved the state of Minnesota through its programs.
|JOB TITLE: Director of Marketing and Communications|| |
LOCATION: Twin Cities Metro
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Marketing and Communication position is the senior administrative position responsible for driving all marketing, communications and public relations activities for ServeMinnesota. This is a new position being created in response to ServeMinnesota’s growing needs. The Director will be responsible for developing a marketing strategy, tracking and reporting on the effectiveness of all marketing and communications efforts, building and enhancing community relations, and overseeing public and media relations. The new hire will establish and maintain a consistent brand image for ServeMinnesota and its programs, and streamline messaging across the organization and in its marketing and communications materials and other collateral.
The primary objectives of this position will be to advance ServeMinnesota as a whole, and to advance the initiatives and specific programs of the Organization. The new Director of Marketing and Communications will report to the Executive Director and work with members of a cross-functional team focused on operations, strategy, fundraising and programming, and others as required.
The new Director of Marketing and Communications will have three near-term objectives:
- To develop a functioning website
- To maximize social networking opportunities for ServeMinnesota’s AC member recruitment efforts, which will include reviewing the current AC college recruiters process and maximizing its effectiveness
- To determine what “news” ServeMinnesota needs to get out on a regular basis, what audiences to direct such news to, and ensuring this happens on a routine basis
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Partner with core management team to provide strategic leadership and help guide development of rapidly-growing, highly-innovative nonprofit
- Advise leadership team regarding key institutional messages
- Increase visibility and network engagement through innovative, low-cost marketing and communications programs
- Effectively articulate and attractively position ServeMinnesota’s programs to key audiences, including the community, press, sponsors/funders, members, policy makers and others
- Develop and maintain effective methods for communicating with and engaging key stakeholder groups including members, funders and volunteers
- Work with Executive Director and other members of the leadership team to identify and secure high-value media exposure
- Lead media relations efforts and drive a stream of strategic press coverage across a wide variety of media outlets in each of ServeMinnesota’s key markets
- Write and oversee creation of key communications including press releases, web copy, e-blasts and organizational collateral
- Help grow the online community by leveraging digital platforms
- Develop and coordinate promotional opportunities for corporate events/ sponsors in collaborations with the Vice President of Fund Development
- Track communications and marketing outcomes for impact and report results on a ongoing and timely basis
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires an articulate spokesperson with a strategic mindset, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a passion for ServeMinnesota’s work. The ideal candidate will be driven, outgoing, and have at least 7-10 years experience in marketing, communications, PR and/or public affairs. The right candidate will combine a deep understanding of strategic communications, and a creative and highly “hands on” personality and work ethic. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, well organized and reliable.
Other requirements include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing principles, concepts and methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of constituencies in a diverse community
- Demonstrated success in creating, developing and implementing effective media and promotional strategies, plans and campaigns
- Demonstrated success in developing and cultivating working relationships with media contacts, donors, the public and staff
- Effective writing ability for a wide variety of communications materials
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Flexibility to meet changing needs and priorities in a calm manner as they occur in a growth environment such as ServeMinnesota’s
- Ability to develop effective print and web designs and experience working with web design software such as InDesign, Quark, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, the Internet, and other relevant software
A minimum of seven to ten years related experience and a bachelor’s degree are required. An advanced degree would be preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please email resume with cover letter to Sage Solutions*
or contact Sage Morrison for additional information:
Email: email@example.com (email preferred)
Mail: P.O. Box 241 Long Lake, Minnesota 55356
*ServeMinnesota has retained Sage Solutions, a search firm specializing in nonprofit placements, to manage the Director of Marketing & Communications search.