Develop innovative and highly effective retail selling processes to build retail selling capability of the North American dealership network. This will be done in conjunction with the product division marketing managers and with field sales management. Oversee voice of customer efforts for On-Road & Snowmobile divisions, event planning for all product divisions, and external relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead retail selling process improvement at dealership level
- Lead implementation of Retail Improvement Process (RIP) within Max Velocity Program business model
- Traffic and closing metric benchmarking with industry partner Traffic Log Pro
- Sales closing rate improvement with industry partner Dealership University
- Lead best practice research and development for pipeline of retail selling improvements (i.e. contact management follow-up, demonstrations, etc.)
- Partner with field sales team for implementation of best practices
- Lead development and implementation of effective retail selling tools
- Lead development of next generation tools (i.e. internet sales, F&I process, etc.)
- Lead web based marketing efforts including lead generation & conversion with Hot Prospects
- Lead efforts to effectively capture dealer salesperson’s heart & mind. Specifically, lead My Polaris Rewards and Top gun initiatives, as well as develop future initiatives
- Coordinate go-to-market strategy and execution for division created retail selling tools (i.e. on-line product training, comparative DVDs, silent salesmen POP, etc.)
3. Ensure effective voice of customer work for On-Road & Snowmobile divisions
4. Oversee event planning and implementation for all product divisions, and external relations
5. Coach and develop staff of corporate marketing, market research, event management, and external relations personnel
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. Bachelor degree in a related field required. MBA desired.
2. Minimum of eight years marketing experience in one or more sophisticated consumer marketing environments, ideally some of which will include an independent dealer channel and employee management
3. A track record of increasingly responsible positions and solid marketing results is required
4. Experience in multiple consumer businesses or industries are highly desired
Dynamic, high-pressure environment in a standard office setting. Travel required.