Responsible for the planning, research and production of editorial content for digital and print communications. Assists with institutional marketing and public/media relations activities as well as strategy and development of web communications and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and maintain editorial voice and quality for electronic and print materials for external audiences and edit material developed by other offices to maintain consistent voice and message for the College.
- Gather information from diverse sources throughout the College in preparation for creating materials.
- Write copy to meet goals of various communications materials.
- Develop and distribute editorial guidelines to department heads and management.
- Coordinate schedule for digital and print communications.
- Work closely with DesignWorks to provide editorial coordination for all external printed pieces.
- Manage calendar of events for external audiences.
- Assist in the management of institutional publications such as MCAD Magazine.
- Assist in planning and executing selected marketing and public/media relations campaigns.
- Assist in strategy and development of web communications and services.
- Assist with campus events, when needed.
- Take notes and provide minutes at select committee meetings.
- Track and report quantifiable results for select communications campaigns.
- Mentor and supervise student workers in the communications office.
- Other duties as assigned by the director of communications and external relations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, political science, public relations or communications, or equivalent experience and education.
Experience: A minimum of four years experience in communications, marketing, and/or public relations. Experience with arts or higher education organizations a plus.
Demonstrated appreciation for the arts required.
Skills: Exceptional written and editorial communication skills are required in both print and online media. Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines, essential. Ability to work with a variety of constituents, both internal and external.
This is a full-time benefits-eligible position. We enjoy a dynamic work environment which includes outstanding vacation and holiday time accruals. We offer a flexible and comprehensive benefit plan, including medical, dental and 403(b) pension plans.
No calls. To apply, send your cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to:
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
2501 Stevens Avenue Minneapolis, MN 55404