Focus: Haberman is a brand public relations (PR) agency dedicated to discovering, developing and telling the stories of pioneering organizations and individuals who make the world a better place. As part of our storytelling process, we create designs that advocate for our clients while persuading and educating their audiences. We seek a design team leader to manage and grow our visual storytelling practice, which currently includes three designers. This position will work closely with Haberman’s interactive team as a large number of our design projects involve the Web/social media.
- Provide leadership and quality control in the development and delivery of design services, including developing content/quality expectations from project initiation through delivery.
- Manage, create and execute design projects — from Web-related projects (e.g., Web site development, online campaigns, etc.) and print collateral to logos and identity systems.
- Refine Haberman’s design processes and procedures to incorporate best design management techniques.
- Partner with Haberman’s highly creative marketing and PR managers to identify and address clients’ design needs, including “selling” design concepts to clients.
- Partner with Haberman’s interactive team to develop and execute design strategies that support creative Web and social media campaigns.
- Mentor and manage career development of direct reports (currently three designers).
- Manage relationships with freelance partners, as needed, to complete client projects.
- Partner with Haberman traffic/project manager to manage resource/capacity planning and workflow for design team, including managing towards an annual revenue goal.
- Support Haberman’s new business initiatives by sourcing prospects, attending meetings and selling design services to prospective clients, creating proposals and budget estimates, etc.
- 10-15 years of design experience, with a minimum of 5 years of experience designing for the Web
- Ad, brand or PR agency experience
- Exceptional design skills with the ability to work across a wide range of projects, from identity design and print collateral to online experiences
- Understanding of the value of design and brand within a business context
- Ability to lead design projects for consumer and B2B clients • Experience documenting the design process — from creative briefs through ongoing client updates
- Passionate about staying on top of trends in design; intellectual curiosity and up-to-date knowledge of current events
- Experience managing, mentoring and energizing people
- Track record of successfully “selling” design concepts to clients; ability to skillfully persuade in difficult situations
- Excellent rapport-building skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; highly effective in formal presentation settings
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects/deadlines/budgets in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Healthy sense of humor and out-of-bounds creativity
Deadline: August 12, 2009
Contact: Send resume and links to examples of your work to Amanda Arens, Haberman, 612-372-6453, firstname.lastname@example.org