Bellcomb Technologies is looking for a Marketing Specialist to work in collaboration with the Director of Product Development to execute and develop specific industry marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives.
- Responsible for research, analyze, and monitoring financial, technological, and market factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity in industry domain
- Develop and recommend product/industry positioning, collateral generation, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share in the engineering area.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Plan and oversee execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, trade shows, seminars, direct mail, and other events as required.
- Maintain communications/relationships with customers to support industry development.
Key Job Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Market products by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns; manage web site development initiatives, tracking sales data; planning meetings and trade shows; maintaining materials and web site; preparing reports.
- Implement marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts; preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations; updating calendars.
- Track product line sales and costs by analyzing and entering sales, expense, and new business data.
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- Support sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information; relaying customer services requests.
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Plan meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Monitor budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Direct marketing, market segmentation, marketing research, coordination, project management, reporting research results, understanding the customer, process improvement initiative, planning, financial skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, public relations or related field. An Associate’s degree with one to two years of marketing experience, to include developing and implementing marketing programs and materials.
- Solid knowledge in
software development methodologies, design and implementation
- Solid skills in research and analysis, project planning, and implementation
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Web based marketing experience
- Manage web site development initiatives
- Manage brand development
- Manage new product/ service development
- Experience with print and web advertising
- Measure report progress against objectives
- Previous experience marketing and launching new products
- Proficient with
Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Marketing in an engineering organization a plus