IT Communications Specialist - Minnetonka, MN - Minneapolis, MN 55401UnitedHealth Group is an innovative leader in the health and well-being industry, serving more than 55 million Americans. Through our family of companies, we contribute outstanding clinical insight with consumer-friendly services and advanced technology to help people achieve optimal health.
UnitedHealth Group IT provides a diverse and comprehensive array of application design and infrastructure services designed to advance improved health and well-being for our customers, and to benefit UnitedHealth Group employees across the enterprise. Comprised of the Application Services Group, Enterprise Technology Services Group and the IT Business Services Group, UnitedHealth Group IT has over 7,000 internal and external resources across the globe, and offices in California, Connecticut, Minnesota, New Jersey, South Carolina, Wisconsin and India.
Positions in this function design and coordinate company communications, including internal and/or external communications. Responsible for maintaining policies and procedures and monitoring company media, which may include company websites. May manage public relations activities, including public information and shareholder information services.
- Develop and direct the short and long-term communication strategies in support of key technology initiatives and business objectives
- Work closely with and support the technology leadership team, and project/program managers, to enhance internal communications
- Manage, coordinate and oversee communications projects and initiatives to establish consistency in approach and delivery internal and (potential) external messages, programs and technology brand
- Have end-to-end responsibility for communications initiatives including project management and oversight of delivery, creative, interactive design, interactive strategy and optimization, account planning, and production and fulfillment to meet the needs of various departments and project teams
- Assist in development, implementation, and maintenance of communication process for technology initiatives, including design and development of materials
- Identify communication needs and opportunities for UnitedHealth Group IT and targeted audiences
- Plan, develop, implement, review, and coordinate communication activities
- May lead communication strategy for division, or group
- Serve as catalyst for change
- Actively involved in the process and organizational change and development
- Create, maintain, and customize PowerPoint presentations and related information to ensure an accurate and consistent message regarding the organization and its initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in communications or marketing management
- 3 years of writing experience
- 3 years of experience working in a matrix environment with various levels of management (including executive or senior levels) and external vendors
- Advanced - Expert skill level with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working within Information Technology and/or healthcare industry environment, preferred
- Content management experience, preferred
- Photoshop and/or Adobe experience is a plus
- Manage multiple priorities concurrently in fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team as participant or leader
- Ability to wear multiple hats and work quickly to take advantage of opportunities as they arise
- Demonstrates strong strategic and business acumen
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.