Are you interested in an
opportunity to become a part of a company that is growing, expanding, and emerging as an industry leader? Look no further….
PLATO Learning, Inc. is a leading provider of computer-based and e-learning instruction software for
kindergarten through adult learners, offering award-winning curricula in reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and life and job skills. PLATO Learning, Inc. also offers innovative online assessment and
accountability solutions as well as standards-based professional development services.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for building a comprehensive marketing platform that supports and drives the strategic vision of the company in the marketplace for PLATO Learning’s products and solutions. He/she will lead a team of marketing professionals who are responsible for strategic marketing, marketing communications, segment and online initiatives, creative marketing, and product marketing. The Director of
Marketing will develop and implement a strategic marketing plan, manage marketing and communications programs, campaigns, events, and tactics that produce a healthy return on marketing investment, conduct low-cost market research and gather market data related to market penetration and market share, and to ensure our company brand, products, and successful implementations by customers are positively communicated. Marketing and communications programs will directly support the creation of sales leads, revenue growth, customer loyalty, and retention.
- Drive the strategic and tactical marketing for the company to effectively meet the company’s strategic goals and objectives while maintaining a lean and efficient marketing department.
- Manage and build the hiring, training and quality performance of a centralized marketing staff. Foster a productive, efficient, and effective work environment while ensuring creativity, consistency, and quality of all marketing deliverables.
- Provide in-depth analysis on market, competition, and trends including evaluating and analyzing current marketing initiatives for efficiency, ROI, and alignment with sales channel to ensure effectiveness of campaigns and programs.
- Work closely with Sales Leadership to develop the campaigns, and localized solutions, including the development and oversight of segment and interactive marketing plans to ensure that the value proposition resonates within all content and solution messaging.
- Provide creative thought leadership while functioning as a strategic partner with sales effectiveness and product management in the use of marketing tools that distinguish and further differentiate PLATO Learning’s role in the educational technology industry.
- Develop produce, and maintain professional, creative, and customer-centric arketing tools for sales presentations, programs, events, promotions, campaigns, and other initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate all industry events and tradeshows.
- Oversee activities in Internet marketing; search marketing (paid and organic), email marketing, direct marketing, traditional advertising campaigns, website development, and collateral.
- Design and build organizational capabilities within the marketing function that are needed to support the growth plan.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of marketing experience, with 5 of those years in senior marketing role
- of department leader or above.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate both strategically and tactically; ability to translate research, trends, and market insights into effective marketing and communications strategies.
- Strong generalist marketing skills to include brand/strategic marketing, media buying/advertising, Web 2.0, marketing insights/research, and a base level experience with CRM.
- Demonstrated success in building a marketing team and leadership skills that produce a healthy work environment and positive results.
- Ability to measure effectiveness of all marketing efforts by analyzing new and existing company marketing campaigns as well as an ability to analyze the ROI for the company’s marketing initiatives.
- Good organizational and planning skills that include being proactive and embracing the philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Presents an image that commands respect from subordinates, peers and outsiders.
- Experienced at creating and building a lasting brand image that is relevant to consumers and enhances the enterprise value of the company.
- Previous experience with relationship marketing utilizing partnerships, affinity relationships, public relations, and grass-roots programs.
- Proven concept, copywriting and overall creative management ability.
- Superior analytical thinking, project management, and marketing skills.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and e-mail systems.
- Passion for our business with a strong commitment to timely execution of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excels in working in a lean, entrepreneurial and rapidly growing work environment.
- A self starter that is motivated by working in a highly challenging and changing organization where decisions and actions are expected.