As a leading global communications firm, Weber Shandwick works with clients to address a broad range of challenges across diverse geographies, product categories and audiences. Our ability to harness this collective experience and knowledge to apply it to each assignment is an important ingredient in our success. We are continuing to develop new ways of harnessing the power of advocacy for our clients. One way is through recognizing how advocacy - the active support of brands, causes and issues by individuals - has emerged as the most trusted source of information and communication today, as well as the most powerful force in business. We seek to build advocacy creation into our client work from the start.
Minneapolis office has an exciting opportunity for a proven professional with 5-10 years of PR agency experience to join us as an Account Supervisor – Media Relations, Event Management. The ideal candidate will have specific experience in managing media relations (farm trade and business/financial), trade shows and events, and experience and expertise in production agriculture.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop strong peer-to-peer relationship with clients
- Provide media interview preparation and coaching for spokespeople at all levels
- Drive client strategy regarding media relations and events in alignment with company sales and marketing goals
- Lead media relations and event teams delivering solid teamwork and superior results
- Prepare and lead client meetings and presentations
- Deliver and efficiently edit well-written press releases, bylines, case studies, fact sheets and other media materials
- Provide on-site leadership at events and conferences
- Work with account leaders to responsibly manage and track project budgets
- BA or BS in Business, Communications or related degree
- 5-10 years experience within a PR agency environment effectively servicing accounts
- Strong media relations skills and client interactions
- Strong leadership, supervisory and management skills
- Proficiency in
Microsoft Suite, on-line services and AP style writing is essential
Please Click Here to Apply
Weber Shandwick is an
equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA.M/F/D/V.