Develop and manage enterprise-wide communication plans to foster organizational change and alignment. Direct the overall design, development, and delivery of functional and operating group internal communication strategies, including the creative development of print, electronic and other communication vehicles and products. Consult with executives, directors, managers, and employees in best practice and cost-effective communication techniques and processes. Exhibit strategic creativity in the timely implementation of products and projects. Serve as a trusted advisor to leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
Typical task and activities for this job include, but are not limited to the items listed below. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as needed by management.
- Leverages knowledge of communication process and techniques and with the working knowledge of typical employee mindset advise and assist leadership on media, messages and structure of communications.
- Based on the communication agenda established by leadership, direct and participate with organizational and external resources to collaboratively develop strategic messages and campaign(s) to drive the business agenda throughout the organization (or parts of the organization).
- With senior leadership input, identify crisis and change communication strategy needs. Design and execute plan(s) to support needs.
- Proactively lead annual communication strategy planning process for the organization and within particular functional areas, including the development of key messages for leadership.
- Develop and execute an annual internal communication plan that supports the AmeriPride and Canadian Linen business plan goals to ensure employees at all levels can:
- articulate key priorities of the company as they relate to their own work,
- access corporate tools, templates and information for effective communications within the organization;
- receive timely and accurate information on corporate policies, practices and procedures
- Responsible for overall effectiveness of communication related to specific functional areas and initiatives within AmeriPride Service and Canadian Linen.
- Directs the creation and utilization of an internal web presence for employees within both AmeriPride and Canadian Line to access and remain up-to-date on organizational activities and efforts. Ensures standards are set and that the materials are reviewed and managed in a timely and effective manner.
- Develops and monitors mechanisms to continually gather feedback from employees on their perceptions related to the strategic agenda, understanding of strategic direction, and how they contribute to its success.
- Schedules and ensures successful execution of communication campaign events, including facilitation of the message(s) in support of the campaign.
- Leads the development of communication standards in policies, processes, and tools for the organization. Ensures that all elements are technically sound, agreed to by key users and reviewed on a set schedule for relevance.
- Directs (and for select efforts; completes) the design and development of content to achieve specific corporate communication objectives.
- Directs the development of specific employee-centric messaging that supports corporate objectives, goals, values and brand.
- Oversees and manages approval process of communications projects from appropriate levels.
- Ensures the timely and successful delivery and implementation of communications.
- Gathers feedback and prepares summary documentation following key communication events in particular functional areas. Collects and directs feedback to senior management of the group.
- Actively builds and manages relationships with staff across the company to promote key initiatives, identify communication opportunities, and foster collaboration and mutual support.
- Closely works with the IT group to ensure web site is set and managed in a safe and architecturally secure manner that will not lead to excessive strain on the internal network capabilities of technical systems.
- Supports project teams by reviewing and recommending refinements to direct communication work products.
- Coaches and counsels individuals on development of key messages and offers subject matter advice and expertise on effective media selection and message delivery.
- Provides one-on-one, post-event feedback and coaching to individuals delivering communication in particular functional areas around areas of strength and opportunity (ies).
- Work closely with line and staff functions to effectively execute internal communication plans.
- Create and support a culture of adherence to corporate standardization in support of the stated values, service, financial and safety goals.
- Proactively assist organization with commutation activities geared toward achieving financial objectives.
- Assist, as needed in providing expertise and support of Company brand management, media & social relations, community relations projects and initiatives.
- Develop and implement crisis communication plan(s).
- Craft and manage message sets and communication plans for leadership team meetings.
event planningand travel management function.