The Sr. Public Relations Operations Manager develops and implements strategic communications
plans for company's interests.
The candidate will work on the day-to-day operations, strategies and objectives of the department, and report to the Corporate Vice-President of Business Operations.
Additionally, the candidate will work very closely with the (COO) Chief Operating Officer .
35-50% travel is required. Candidate is avaliable to work weekends and in attendance at some of
the corporate events.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Serve as Corporate day to day public relations contact for the media and the primary PR contact for the Corporate operations staff.
· Oversee publicity efforts for community relations' events and all local marketing & PR efforts.
· Work with Marketing Manager to develop branding campaigns.
· Develop strategic plans for the Public Relations Department, which further the business goals of the organization and enhance the organization's profile.
· Pitches corporate features & stories proactively, while developing mini PR campaigns surrounding select corporate events.
· Attend regular corporate weekend events and assist media with interview requests.
· Travel with the Company in a PR capacity during certain seasons of the year and as directed.
· Work to increase and strengthen relationships with local, regional and national business, society and community related media.
· Oversee ethnic media outreach and community news efforts.
· Serve as the Executive Editor
· Responsible for generating content on company website
· Develop press releases, media advisories, promotional materials and on-line press announcements highlighting aspects of all business sides of the organization for organized promotional activities and/or transactions.
· Create promotional and media opportunities in conjunction with corporate to further the sales efforts of the organization.
· Oversee the annual PR budget.
· Support and coordinate all publicity efforts for the organization and serve as the
initial internal contact for local/national media
· Handle crisis communications for situations that arise.
· Coordinate event publicity; set up interviews, escort spokespersons to TV/radio appearances.
· Coordinate media relations including follow up phone calls, credentialing and media drops.
· Track media coverage, maintain press matrix and prepare media summaries.
· Maintain and update media contacts database.
· Work closely with all other internal departments to generate, develop and execute business-oriented public relations opportunities.
· Research and champion new public relations technologies and trends in order to gain every opportunity to reach all appropriate business audiences.
· Manage staff of seasonal/ temporary interns.
· Other duties as assigned by Vice-President of Business Operations.
This position has no direct reports.
Qualifications: Minimum Requirements
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited institution with an emphasis in
public relations, communications or journalism is highly desired (or equivalent
combination of education and experience).
- Previous Public Relations experience required
- Must possess strong writing and oral communications skills, both in person
and over the phone.
- Must have a friendly and outgoing personality to engage the media and
- Significant depth of understanding of the business elements associated
with a professional sports team is strongly preferred.
- Must be skilled at developing presentations and written communications
- Sound Computer skills required; familiarity with Word, Power Point, Excel,
and web publishing software preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS
As needed to meet education and/or experience requirements.
-Required to travel 35-50% of the year, mostly over weekends
To apply visit Energy Placement's Web site.