Time: 10 hours per week
Compensation Base: $10 per hour
Venue: Public Art Saint Paul (PASP) office/gallery is located at 253 East 4th Street, #201
Equipment: PASP will provide a work station, equipped with a Mac laptop computer
Hours: Standard office hours are Monday – We prefer that the intern be on the job 5 hours per day for 2 days split between Monday, Wednesday or Friday..
Public Art Saint Paul information: Public Art Saint Paul is a 22-year old arts organization with an excellent local and national reputation. We are supported by major foundations and with strong partnerships with public agencies. Successful intern will be able to name PASP as a reference for future educational and employment opportunities. Information on the history and programs of Public Art Saint Paul can be found on our website: www.publicartstpaul.org
Program Focus of Marketing Efforts: The University Avenue Project
Presented by Public Art Saint Paul (PASP), artist Wing Young Huie’s University Avenue Project will transform a major urban thoroughfare in St. Paul , Minnesota , into a six-mile public gallery of 500 photographs from May 1 – October 31, 2010. The photographs, taken over the past three years, reveal the dizzying socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic realities of the citizens that work, live, and go to school along this corridor.
Fast Horse marketing agency has generously volunteered its services to help Public Art Saint Paul plan and implement a public information plan and strategy for the project that will unfold throughout 2010. In addition, the City of Saint Paul ’s public relations staff will provide assistance and connections to media resources. Our goal is to reach audiences for this important project locally, nationally and world wide.
Scope of Work
The marketing intern will work with Public Art Saint Paul, the artist Wing Young Huie and the artistic team, Fast Horse, and the City of Saint Paul PR to implement the plan, including:
Ø updating the web site and face book page
Ø following project blogs and twitter networks
Ø distributing press releases
Ø assisting in response to media inquiries
Ø assisting in planning and production of project related media events
- A degree or current college/graduate study in marketing and public relations.
- Proficiency in Mac computers and the following programs: Word, Xcel, Adobe Photoshop, and Entourage and facility in web based communications tools.
- Demonstrated interest and engagement in programs that relate to art and the urban environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outcome oriented
- Congenial presence in the community and among our many partners.
- Note: Public Art Saint Paul is a small, entrepreneurial . We have a spare and open office set up that requires an ability to tune out the surrounding noise and activity to focus on work. All of these conditions require flexibility, patience and good humor.
Please submit resume and statement of interest to
Nic Hager, Office Manager
253 East 4th Street, #201
Intern will be selected by