About the JobWHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
As a global leader in insurance, asset management and financial service products, we offer professionals every possibility for growth. And whether we're helping customers or building careers, we're experts at creating the kind of advantages that help people reach their goals.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
Support Individual Life Division's (ILD) marketing efforts through the effective development and execution of media relations and advertising strategy. Drive communications to the field by developing well conceived and well executed communication plans. Enhance existing and develop new distribution partner relationships through the effective use of events and sponsorships. Manage ticket allocation for entertainment venues. Responsible for developing programs (promotional and/or educational) to maximize "sell through" on corporate and divisional brand/sponsorship initiatives. Motivate and recognize field employees through comprehensive, multi-tiered reward/recognition program
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop ILD's brand strategy. Identify sponsorship opportunities (related to corporate initiatives or ILD-specific) and translate sponsorship initiatives and programs to field-specific opportunities.
- Develop and obtain management buy-in and execute programs that enhance distribution partner relationships through the effective use of Corporate sponsorships and outside venues.
- Responsible for budget structure, content, communication and administration of ILD's reward and recognition program.
- Partner with channel areas to assess firm marketing needs. Develop plans to meet these needs and drive sales within our firms.
- Develop advertising/media relations (PR, editorial) plans that advance ILD's strategy including creating a PR source list of ILD employee topic experts.
- Primary liaison to provide updates to Corporate Media Relations and branding on marketing project plans and to act as editor on all pieces representing ILD to ensure that there is a strong link between the company's branding/messaging efforts and revenue/shared growth. Identify ways to leverage what Corporate produces for Media Relations and advertising to ILD markets.
- Develop a producer and customer marketing strategy using various marketing initiatives to create new sales opportunities, cross-sell occasions, and asset-retention strategies.
- Partner with Corporate Conference Planning to develop and execute events/programs.
- Work with internal/employee communications to understand and integrate marketing communications work and drive initiatives.
- Develop and execute ILD Management strategy for ticket allocations, including how to best leverage these opportunities with the field.
- Establish success measurements, implement plans, monitor and communicate results to management for all branding efforts.
- Accountability of project results and project team efforts. Lead the evaluation efforts of completed projects.
- Minimum of 7 years marketing experience, with a focus on marketing communications
- Financial services experience preferred with knowledge of distribution models
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence colleagues and Sr. Management
- Project management and solid presentation skills
- Bachelors degree required
Communicates direction, vision, and strategy to engage team, peers, and Sr. Management. Ability to lead through barriers. Champions new initiatives and ideas. Ability to motivate and optimize performance of team. Influences others to achieve results to meet organization's objectives, is proactive in resolving issues and overcoming hurdles to results. Ability to establish immediate credibility and strong executive presence.
Relationship Building Skills
Interacts effectively at all levels within and outside the company. Maintains strong working relationships with key business partners. Effectively collaborates with business partners to resolve issues. Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations.
Business Acumen/Communication Skills
A high degree of innovation, initiative and creativity is expected. Strong knowledge of the financial services and life insurance industry including estate planning and company products/programs. Excellent verbal and strong written communications skills. Demonstrates critical thinking. Makes effective and persuasive presentations. Listens carefully and attentively. Strong consulting skills.
Strong project management skills. Able to drive a project to completion, coordinating activities and resolving issues to ensure the timely and accurate execution of the plan. Effectively manages conflicting priorities and handles multiple projects/tasks concurrently. Adapts/responds well to changing priorities/demands. Proven track record in working in high paced environment. Regularly communicate with and understand the needs of all cross-functional management across the business, including cross-SBU functions and management. Proactively drives for solutions. Extensive team building and cross-functional "peer influencing" skills.
Strong budgetary management skills and accountability.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At the Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
Our Core Values: Integrity • Financial Discipline • Diversity & Inclusion • Customer Focus • Winning Spirit • Teamwork
The Hartford is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **