Director - Social Media Communications-WAY02536
Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
The social media communications director serves as a strategist and internal evangelist on social media, responsible for developing, articulating and implementing a social media strategy for the company, including monitoring and analysis of online conversations about the company and key issues in which it is involved; establishing best practices and providing guidance to the global Corporate Affairs team and to the company's business units and functions; and designing, implementing and measuring the effectiveness of specific social media programs and projects. The social media director is part of a multi-disciplinary, global Corporate Affairs service team that also includes specialists in communications, government relations, issues management, knowledge management and corporate social responsibility.
1) Develop, articulate and implement a social media strategy for the company, with a particular emphasis on reputation management, issues management and stakeholder engagement. Provide a wide range of project management and communications services needed to successfully execute the strategies, including developing relationships with key voices on the issues of greatest strategic importance to the company (40 percent)
2) Develop and manage a system for monitoring, analyzing and reporting on online conversations about the company and the issues in which it is involved (20 percent)
3) Create a center of expertise in social media within the global Corporate Affairs team (20 percent)
4) Help create and manage a cross-functional social media governance group that will advise the Corporate Affairs Committee on policies and guidance regarding the use of social media with internal and external audiences (10 percent)
5) Establish and evangelize best practices, and provide thought leadership and counsel to business units and functions experimenting with social media (10 percent)
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, journalism, public relations, marketing communications or related field
* 10-plus years corporate communications, media and/or media relations experience, preferably in large, complex organization(s)
* Extensive hands on experience with new media and web/digital technologies; proven ability to apply new media solutions to improve internal and external communications.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills - clear, concise, creative and persuasive
* Ability to find and synthesize vast amounts of information to make it actionable
* Excellent networking skills
* Strong analytical and strategic planning skills
* Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects; strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects under tight deadlines; excellent time and project management skills
* Demonstrated ability to interact with and have credibility with senior leadership
* Demonstrated ability to build productive, long-term relationships with key social media voices
* Creative and strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to effectively position a company's products, services, values and point of view with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
* Strong coaching skills and experience working with business partners in a communications counselor capacity
* Demonstrated ability to adapt and succeed within a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environment
* Strong customer service orientation
* Strong team player in a cross-functional, global setting
* Demonstrated passion for business and delivering the very best products and services
* Ability to provide thought leadership
* Effective problem solver
* Experience with food and agricultural issues
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 159,000 people in 68 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here to apply for this position.