This position will work as part of an inspired Community Public Relations team to provide focused education to decision makers about the partners we work with and refine GMI messaging to maintain GMI’s in the marketplace. The ideal candidate will assess Public Relations opportunities and build GMI’s community relations brand.
This position will act as a liaison to both internal and external communities providing guidance, and will oversee the production of marketing and collateral materials and message development. Position necessitates a significant amount of interpersonal relationship building and will require travel.
3-5 years Mulitcultural PR work is a must!
- Creates various PR and social media content, including press kits, videos, audio, webcasts, etc.
- Supervises outside PR agencies and nonprofit partners on day-to-day PR programs and strategies.
- Assists in planning and managing budgets for PR programs
- Assists in evaluating and communicating impact of PR programs and partners
- Builds relationships with key consumers and national nonprofit partners
- Understands company priorities and focus areas, identifies key research reports, and works with agency to create summary briefs to then be shared internally to build multicultural marketing center of excellence.
- Assists in ensuring smooth communications amongst and marketing. Coordinates regular meetings with corporate communications to update messaging and coordinate priorities.
- Coordinates internal photos shoots, internal and external events, and updating corporate documents supplied to media such as executive bios and boilerplates.
- Maintains schedule of national conferences and evaluates opportunities that align with GMI goals. Will draft executive remarks.
- Interacts directly with outside partners and helps facilitate cross agency activity and meetings
- Provides support to Manager for budgets - processes invoices and updates declining balance budget and projections charts, updates agency retainer grid, updates overhead budget (general ledger), and acts as liaison with Finance departments.
- Manages agency retainer SharePoint site
- Coordinates schedules, receiving/routing calls, and maintaining files
- May provide support to Internal Communications as needed by assisting with other employee-based internal activities
- Other duties as assigned