This position coordinates all marketing initiatives to increase ticket sales, brand exposure and overall awareness for the Minnesota Lynx and WNBA basketball and serves as the primary day-to-day contact for all Lynx marketing and promotional functions.
KEY AREAS OF REAPONSIBILITY
- Initiate and coordinate the implementation of all advertising and promotional campaigns as it pertains to driving ticket revenue.
- Compile and analyze previous seasons' single game promotions, sales efforts and develop strategies for new promotions and more effective ways to market and reach targeted audiences. Develop and manage system to track expenditures and ROI of advertising dollars.
- Work with graphics department to coordinate all collateral requests (pocket schedules, sales materials).
- Work with game operations and broadcast departments to make sure all ticket sales offers are communicated effectively.
- Work with the Database Manager in all game day data retrieval and subsequent events where date retrieval is applicable.
- Work with corporate sales executives to create opportunities for sponsorships to cover expenses for in-game promotions, premium giveaways, grassroots events and single game offers.
- Work with ticket sales department to develop a season ticket sales promotional campaign.
- Utilize league and team generated research to enhance marketing efficiencies.
- Oversee the team marketing budget.
- Ensure all departments are aware of promotions and marketing campaigns.
- With public relations department, devise ways to increase player branding in the market and lead the team effort around social media and viral marketing opportunities.
- Lead the efforts around the development and implementation of team's branding strategies.
- Attend and coordinate all internal arena events as well as all external events as per each individual campaign and initiative.
- Assist with the implementation of community initiatives and team functions that may include planning, logistics and communication with internal departments as needed.
- Assist with game day implementation, including promotions, media relationships, etc.
- Coordinate and obtain all WNBA guidelines and approvals for team branding and marketing programs.
- Four year degree required
- Non-traditional marketing experience preferred (grassroots, event, mobile, experiential, guerilla, etc.)
- Proven communication and organizational skills
- Proven computer skills required; familiarity with Word, Power Point and Excel preferred
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous marketing experience a plus
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Please submit resume to: