Product marketing within the Golf and Commercial products department of Toro’s International Division
• Join project teams and liaise with various functional team members in marketing, engineering, sales, service, etc. to bring new projects from concept to introduction
• Perform market research and compile “voice of customer” data
• Collect and compile competitive data (pricing, features, etc.) into “point of sale” tools
• Assist with end user forums by developing product training and demonstrations
• Develop and implement launch plans for several new projects
• Assist with the development of various collateral and/or public relations materials (technical specifications, press releases, product sell sheets, etc.)
KEY BENEFITS GAINED FROM INTERNSHIP:
• Experience in marketing and product category management for a worldwide leader in the turf maintenance industry
• Gain an understanding of essential marketing techniques that drive new product introductions and revenue growth
• Experience in developing and documenting key marketing processes and standard operating procedures
• Marketing and/or Engineering background or degree in process
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Must be an excellent communicator – verbal and written.
• Requires strong ability to interpret and analyze various types of data, summarize and present in spreadsheet, graph, or table format.
May – August 2010 and possible extension into fall season.
Headquartered in Bloomington, MN, The Toro Company delivers innovation through a surprising array of products. Since 1914, our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners care for their outdoor landscapes. An excellent reputation, strong brands, ethical business practices, and a culture founded on trust and respect are ideals shared by our employees.
With annual revenue exceeding $1.5 billion, Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market leadership. More than 4,000 global employees form a strong community with a world of opportunities to learn and contribute. Ideas and ideals. That’s life at Toro.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply at Toro.com now.