Hours: 5 to 10 hours a week (flexiable)
This position is responsible for providing media relations support and implementing activities that increase awareness of the YWCA of Minneapolis in the general public through media outlets.
This part-time unpaid internship requires a commitment of 5-10 hours per week for a minimum of one semester or four months.
• Excellent written communication skil_s, with adaptabl_ writing style
• Excellent oral communication skil_s, with ability to communicate effectively with wide range of stakeholders
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with media professionals
• Interest in social media and ability to research, understand and help implement social media best practices
• Proficiency in
• Excellent organizational skil_s
• Current or past undergraduate coursework in journalism, public relations, marketing or communications
• Experience working with journalists, reporters or media production professionals
• Social media experience and proficiency with Facebook and Twitter
(THIS JOB IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP)
To apply for a position, complete an employment application (PDF File).
For more information, contact the YWCA Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.