This position requires a minimum of four years experience with a public relations agency or with a publication as a published journalist. We are seeking a team member who is highly polished, professional, passionate, driven and who wants to be a part of a rapidly growing company.
Required skills and attributes:
- BA or BS in journalism, public relations, communications or related field.
- A minimum of four years PR agency experience pitching national print and broadcast media. International media experience is highly recommended.
- Team oriented, warm, engaging and diplomatic personality.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Industrious personality.
- Excellent client services skills.
- Ability to multitask, anticipate needs, switch gears and react immediately.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate with energy and confidence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Wire Services, Cision MediaSource and knowledgeable in social media.
- Craft and edit written press material; including press releases, media alerts, and requests for coverage that adheres to The Associated Press style guidelines.
- Research and prepare strategically targeted media lists and editorial calendars using tools provided by the company.
- Develop and maintain working relationship with various sectors of the media; meet tight media and client deadlines.
- Secure broadcast, print and online editorial coverage for clients of the agency.
- Prepare and assist clients for all media correspondence and interviews.
- Handle multiple clients simultaneously, within a variety of sectors.
- Assist senior account executives and company president.
We have a high-energy, collaborative environment with excellent benefits and provide exceptional career growth opportunities for those motivated to excel.
We value integrity, dependability, entrepreneurial spirit, motivation, character and a positive attitude; in our clients and in our team. Our firm has been recognized and honored for our commitment to community service and a corporate vision that supports volunteer activities. Please visit us at www.roepkepr.com, on Twitter http://twitter.com/roepkePR and on Facebook.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to:
Roepke Public Relations
800 LaSalle Avenue, 9th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55402