- Direct involvement with all 25 University sports, while serving as the primary media contact for three assigned sports (soccer, wrestling, softball)
- Write press releases, competition previews, game/meet notes and feature stories
- Manage media operations at home events for assigned sports
- Assist with the production of media guides and game programs
- Record in-game statistics and compile season statistics
- Submit required weekly reports to the Big Ten Conference
- Maintain and provide content for our University's .com
- Other tasks as assigned
Interns will be invited to participate in an on-going ICA intern development program.
The Communications Internship will begin on Monday, June 7, 2010, and continue through June 5. 2011, with a stipend of $1000.00 per month.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in sports information or athletic public relations
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with statistical and layout/design software (StatCrew, QuarkXPress)
Please include a cover letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three references. Review of applications will begin Monday, March 29, 2010. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Apply for this job now.