GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Exciting opportunity to work in the NBA & WNBA! The Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx seek energetic, can-do interns to aid members of the public relations department with implementing the department’s strategies and objectives for the NBA/WNBA team.
Responsibilities in the fast-paced environment to include, but not limited to, the following: monitoring media coverage, filing and recording press clippings, working Timberwolves home games, assisting with team's community news program and other public relations department projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor and record local media coverage.
• Search all print media for Timberwolves/Lynx content, distributing to staff and updating player/personnel files.
• Participate in Timberwolves/Lynx game-day in-arena media setup and take down.
• Assist with game-night media hospitality.
• Write periodic feature articles for Timberwolves/Lynx publications.
• Provide media and teams with statistical and press content.
• Produce and deliver visiting team media packets.
• Deliver content for team's community newspaper program.
• Assist with writing press releases and newsletters.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Must be at least a junior or senior in college.
• Must be able to receive college credit for professional experience gained.
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Able to multi-task under time constraints
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people
• Strong writing & communications skills necessary
• Communications major (public relations, journalism, etc.) preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org