As a Vision-Ease Lens Marketing Intern, you will be involved in multiple marketing disciplines within department including but not limited to: Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Product Management and Customer Retention activities. Internship will serve as a great opportunity for candidates wanting to experience most, if not all, areas of a marketing department. This is a paid, full-time position from ~May ~ August.
The areas of responsibility are:
Public Relations - Social Media
- Monitor consumer and trade sites searching for opportunities to respond with favorable messaging.
- Seek out new trade/consumer locations where relevant optical conversations/blogs are taking place.
- Post activities via Facebook account, recommend ways to further drive customer membership surrounding tradeshows, misc. events.
- Occasional PR Agency, client-side perspective interaction
- Work with internal and external resources in assisting with routing/ proofing marketing communications materials.
- Recommend and source appropriate marketing giveaways and clothing as needed. Solicit bids, negotiate favorable pricing .
- Assist with scheduling of national tradeshows, regional tradeshows and corporate events including post-show correspondence.
- Occasional Advertising Agency, client-side perspective interaction
- Evaluate customer spreadsheets segmenting customers by sales volume to help drive future marketing programs / thresholds.
- Intimately involved in Summer Coppertone promotion in tracking coop activities, response rates and growth.
- Perform informal customer survey calls; evaluate responses.
Participate in research projects supporting large-scale product management activities including: price analysis, competitive features, product availability and value add services.
Support and participate in all other marketing projects as requested.
Interested candidates will possess the following characteristics:
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and detail-orientation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A good understanding of database management software (excel/access) with ability to manipulate files as needed.
Sophomore / Junior / Senior -Year Level.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; hands on experience with Social media including Facebook and/or Twitter.
If you are interested and have the capabilities outlined above, please apply online!
Headquartered in Ramsey, Minn., Vision-Ease Lens is a manufacturer of quality ophthalmic lenses including LifeRx(R) light-responsive lenses, Coppertone?¢ polarized lenses, SunRx(R) polarized lenses, and Illumina(R) progressive line-free lenses. Vision-Ease Lens products are sold through independent opticians, optometrists and ophthalmologists, as well as many retail chains and dispensing markets across the country. For more information about Vision-Ease Lens and its products, visit www.vision-ease.com.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.