As a leading global communications firm, Weber Shandwick works with clients to address a broad range of challenges across diverse geographies, product categories and audiences. Our ability to harness this collective experience and knowledge to apply it to each assignment is an important ingredient in our success. We are continuing to develop new ways of harnessing the power of advocacy for our clients. One way is through recognizing how advocacy - the active support of brands, causes and issues by individuals - has emerged as the most trusted source of information and communication today, as well as the most powerful force in business. We seek to build advocacy creation into our client work from the start.
Our Minneapolis office has an opening for a Senior-Level Social Media Director to join our team of 20 digital specialists. The fundamental role of this position will be to develop and oversee the execution of strategic social media and digital initiatives for our clients. This person will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Digital Communications.
The selected candidate will work with our account teams to strategize and recommend digital tactics as part of our client's integrated marketing campaigns. These include: social networks, Twitter, mobile integration, social media policies, Search strategies, blogger relations, social community management; all efforts to point back to client's communications strategies and are grounded in ROI, analytics and metrics.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Hands-on digital advisor to PR account teams
- Key strategist and idea contributor to clients; responsible for integration of interactive elements into new and existing PR plans
- SEO/SEM integration
- Proactive evangelist that promotes greater interactive education and fluency among clients and account staff
- Presenter of interactive concepts to clients/prospective clients
- Writer of digital responses to RFPs
- Accountable for high-quality, on-time, on-budget results
- Shared responsibility with account team for client growth and profitability
- Monitor results to improve future campaigns / report to client
- Explore potential for digital opportunities with existing clients
- Strong and current knowledge of social media, technology, interactive research and emerging standards related to digital media
- Strategic thinker with understanding of traditional and digital marketing and media disciplines
- Creative idea generator with ability to coalesce digital initiatives with other traditional public relations initiatives
- Demonstrated success in teaching, coaching and counseling others
- Knowledge of healthcare industry preferable
- Minimum of 6 years experience in interactive public relations, marketing, advertising, account management
- Experienced leader with ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Track record in building relationships at an executive level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required including experience writing proposals and presentations
- Excellent online research skills
- Demonstrated project management and organization skills
- College degree in marketing communications or equivalent related business experience
Please Click Here to Apply
Weber Shandwick is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA.M/F/D/V.