The Marketing Manager is responsible for achieving book sales and list growth objectives by creating and implementing a strong and effective marketing plan. Plans, directs and coordinates the marketing of products and services personally or through efforts of marketing team. Captures, analyzes and monitors important data and statistics so that market opportunities may be capitalized on. Provides innovative and creative solutions for effectively promoting and selling books aimed at key decision makers. Shared responsibility with marketing team for generating quality leads for sales team.
- Helps establish marketing goals to ensure meeting annual objectives. Monitor results, explore new potential programs and generate new ideas to improve future campaigns.
- Promote and sell products with a focus on targeted sales managers.
- Plans and oversees the advertising and promotional activities including direct mail, electronic, social and print media.
- Develop Strategies, recommend tactics and maintain activities of all social media campaigns including; Blog, Twitter, Linked in and Facebook. Also responsible for Search strategies, blogger relations, social community management with all efforts grounded in ROI, analytics and metrics.
- Ensures effective controls of marketing results are within designated budgets.
- Evaluates market reactions and competitors to ensure timely adjustments of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing conditions.
- Oversee development and implementation of internal communications process and plan to deliver communications that are integrated, consistent, prioritized and effective.
- Create and design communication collateral material for both internal and external audiences to drive results.
- Support the brand strategy ensuring guidelines and standards are followed.
- Support sales executives in all phases of the sales cycle.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years of business to business marketing experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with diverse groups of people, exceptional organizational skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently as well as in team atmospheres while handling multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.