Wolters Kluwer Financial Services, a customer unit of Wolters Kluwer, is a market leader in providing high quality content and smart information tools for professionals in banking, indirect lending, insurance, mortgage, and securities.
We are currently adding a new position of Senior Marketing Manager to our headquarters team in Minnesota. In this position you can be based in either Minneapolis or St. Cloud.
We are looking for someone who understands the financial industry, including multiple target markets for WKFS products and services. The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for thoroughly understanding critical market-related information such as customer needs, processes, competitive threats, trends, and opportunities. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Product Management, Sales, Alliance Management and Customers.
In this role you will use your knowledge of the market to develop, drive and support market strategies, implementation plans and create campaigns as part of the integrated marketing plan.
You will influence product design (to include brand, packaging, and lifecycle), sales channel and product pricing options to help merchandise product(s) in different target markets and to achieve the most beneficial communication plan for a market.
You will own the creation of multiple communication plans which may involve leading internal departments to support a plan and also build the details of the plan including the campaign budget and goals, deciphering appropriate marketing mediums, campaign timeframes and preparing the appropriate sales channel. Will develop and be accountable for the plan's lead and closed sales goals.
Provide direction to Marketing Communications and Interactive Marketing based on the needs of the communication plan as well as drive the execution of campaigns through internal CRM system and educate sales channel on campaign goals and details.
You may also work with customers, partners, associations and internal teams to develop and execute communication strategies and marketing programs.
Individual must be able to effectively manage external relationships, including proactively cultivating new relationships, and fostering, growing, and reviewing existing relationships to ensure mutually beneficial results. Relationship management would include negotiating contracts, and setting attainable sales goals.
We are looking for someone who is experienced with customer and market needs, as well as the company's goals, and uses this information to drive the content and goals of a communication plan.
Maintain a deep understanding of assigned market segment helping to monitor and communicate changes relevant to customer and competition.
- Acts as the voice of the customer for assigned segment.
- Works with market research team to conduct primary and secondary market research around designated customer segment and translates market trends, activities, etc. into understandable, quantifiable information to the organization.
- Uses knowledge to create and execute an annual segment plan to help drive the business on key segment trends, opportunities and market knowledge.
- Proactively addresses sales and revenue variances for markets assigned - both short and projected long-term.
- Helps identify and champion new revenue opportunities.
- Plans, manages, implements, and facilitates the segment's advisory council.
- Selects and prioritizes the trade shows for the segment and provides strategic direction.
- Leads the segmenting and translating of market's needs, buying criteria, etc. through contact with market, customer, sales representatives, etc.
- Define and drive strategy, plan and budget for marketing programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability and market share. Manage to achieve plan goals and budget.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish department and business goals.
- Work in conjunction with product marketing, corporate marketing, marketing communications and outside agencies in developing effective tools/programs to generate business and solid leads.
- Use strong analytical skills to identify trends within pipeline that may be positively or negatively affecting growth. Drive action plans based on findings.
- Develops and drives to completion multiple communication strategies and plans.
- Works with other Marketing Managers to develop strategies and implementation plans to achieve strategic and financial goals.
- Provides leadership to Marketing Managers, including but not limited to best practices of communication plans, and assist in building strategies, as well as providing a leadership role to evolve Marketing Mgmt. team.
- Helps develop marketing management's team goals based on segment and products objectives/plans.
- Collaboratively allocates marketing dollars across all products and segments based on strategic direction from Manager of Marketing Management.
- Establishes prioritization criteria in order to effectively allocate spend (i.e. opportunity pipeline, short-term/long-term goals, branding, etc.).
- Plan and oversee execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, trade show, direct mail, customer events, PR and internal communications.
- Manage development and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
- Works with Public Relations department to plan and execute public relations for segment and communication plans.
- Selects and prioritizes trade shows and provides strategic direction for segment and product positioning at each show.
- Ability to be the "face of the customer" for speaking engagements and social media sites.
- Must be able to manage multiple large projects at once.
- Works cross-functionally to implement communication plans.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years of Marketing experience in a B2B environment preferably in the Mortgage, Banking or Financial Services area.
- Experience with E-Marketing, SEO/SEM, Eloqua, CRM preferred.
- Strong project/process management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify, recommend, and position products to optimize revenue potential.
- Strong initiative, self-motivation.
- Creative marketing professional with enthusiasm to try new things and flexibility to test assumptions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with PC's; knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Adobe a plus).
- Strong organization, negotiation, and project management skills.
- Strong problem solving, planning and decision making skills.
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment in a positive and supportive manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve goals.
Wolters Kluwer offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including 4-weeks of paid time off (1st year), 12 paid holidays, and a generous profit sharing program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workforce.