Position Purpose: Manage international communications; brand communications; internal company communications and provide Global Communications Team leadership. Work with Aveda affiliates to provide direction strategize and recommend tactics as part of Aveda’s integrated consumer and channel marketing campaigns, including: traditional public relations, beauty industry media relations, environmental industry/advocate outreach, promotions, media events, creative sampling, social networks, social media policies, blogger relations and social/digital community management.
Each Aveda employee will practice an individual commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility in the workplace. We aim to steer society in a more sustainable direction for our benefit and the benefit of generations to come.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Lead Aveda international communications teams; serving as hub for brand positioning, strategic communications, digital/social media strategy, crisis/issues management, environmental and CSR programming and communications for 12 international affiliates
2. Facilitate increased communication and sharing of programming, best practices and expertise among international affiliates
3. Promote strong relationships and communication between regional communications teams and their marketing counterparts
4. Plan, execute and lead Global Communications summits and meetings
5. Collaborate with Estee Lauder Companies global brand communications directors
6. Shared responsibility with Vice President, Global Communications for coaching and professional growth of team members
7. Accountable for high-quality, on-time, on-budget results
Education: University Degree
• 8 years related experience
Strong and current knowledge of public relations, issues management, consumer marketing, interactive research and emerging standards related to traditional and digital media. Strategic thinker with understanding of traditional and digital marketing and media disciplines. Creative idea generator with ability to coalesce marketing and digital initiatives with other traditional communications programming. Demonstrated success in teaching, coaching and counseling others. Experienced leader with ability to work with cross-functional teams. Track record in building relationships at an executive level. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required including experience writing proposals and presentations. Demonstrated project management and organization skills.
We offer a competitive wage, bonus and excellent benefits including an on-site daycare and wellness facility. Due to our commitment to the environment, we hire individuals who share this same respect. Aveda is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.