Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in over 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Progresso, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A., General Mills had fiscal 2009 global net sales of US$15.9 billion, including the company’s US$1.2 billion proportionate share of joint venture net sales. We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
This position will work as part of an inspired Community Public Relations team to provide focused education to decision makers about the partners we work with and refine GMI messaging to maintain GMI’s competitive advantage in the marketplace. The ideal candidate will assess Public Relations opportunities and build GMI’s community relations brand.
This position will act as a liaison to both internal and external communities providing guidance, and will oversee the production of marketing and collateral materials and message development. Position necessitates a significant amount of interpersonal relationship building and will require travel.
- Creates various PR and social media content, including press kits, videos, audio, webcasts, etc.
- Supervises outside PR agencies and nonprofit partners on day-to-day PR programs and strategies.
- Assists in planning and managing budgets for PR programs
- Assists in evaluating and communicating impact of PR programs and partners
- Builds relationships with key consumers and national nonprofit partners
- Understands company priorities and focus areas, identifies key research reports, and works with agency to create summary briefs to then be shared internally to build multicultural marketing center of excellence.
- Assists in ensuring smooth communications amongst corporate communications and marketing. Coordinates regular meetings with corporate communications to update messaging and coordinate priorities.
- Coordinates internal photos shoots, internal and external events, and updating corporate documents supplied to media such as executive bios and boilerplates.
- Maintains schedule of national conferences and evaluates opportunities that align with GMI goals. Will draft executive remarks.
- Interacts directly with outside partners and helps facilitate cross agency activity and meetings
- Provides support to Manager for budgets - processes invoices and updates declining balance budget and projections charts, updates agency retainer grid, updates overhead budget (general ledger), and acts as liaison with Finance departments.
- Manages agency retainer SharePoint site
- Coordinates schedules, receiving/routing calls, and maintaining files
- May provide support to Internal Communications as needed by assisting with other employee-based internal activities
- Other duties as assigned
- • Bachelors degree (Communications or Journalism)
- • 3 + years in related field
- • Demonstrated effectiveness in positively utilizing public relations
- • Excellent written, oral and social media communication skills
- • Demonstrated ability to produce effective content for traditional and social media channels
- • Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions relating to implementation, procedures, priorities and scheduling with minimal direction
- • Strong media relations skills
- • Prefer experience as spokesperson
State/City MN - Minneapolis