StoryTeller, a boutique agency located in Bloomington, MN, was founded in 2005 and serves business and nonprofit clients. The firm’s scope of services includes Public Relations, Media Relations, Social Media and Video Services.
Who we’re looking for:
StoryTeller is seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for orchestrating targeted marketing and communications strategies. Individual must be highly skilled in written and verbal communications. Outstanding client relation skills are compulsory qualities for our ideal candidate; we are seeking a communications strategist who successfully navigates the intersection of traditional public relations and social media with deft touch. We are seeking a team leader and collaborator who excels at piecing together a communications puzzle.
Candidates should demonstrate impeccable writing/proofreading skills and meticulous attention to detail. Candidates must enjoy managing and working with a team, yet also have the ability to manage projects independently, on time and on budget. Candidate must have the ability to work with a variety of clients, personalities and levels of management.
The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for leading and consulting on StoryTeller’s ongoing public relations clients. The selected candidate will not only be highly engaged and on top—or ahead—of the latest industry trends, but be able to drill down and implement practical, measurable, results-oriented strategies to fit a client’s needs.
He or she will be responsible for collaborating on proposals and leading presentations for new business acquisition involving traditional public relations, media relations and social media. A commitment to strengthening and managing StoryTeller’s public relations team is also expected.
The candidate must be self-directed, personable, able to multi-task and extremely detail-oriented. StoryTeller takes a collaborative approach to projects, so candidate must be team-oriented.
The position will report directly to StoryTeller’s president.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or related field
- At least 5 years of public relations account management
- Proven track record of project ROI and in-depth understanding of public relations and social media integration
- Creative, proactive communication skills to help move new ideas and enhance clients’ and StoryTeller’s strategic goals
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to think analytically and strategically about an organization’s marketing and communications needs and deliver optimal solutions
- Ability to interface with a variety of clients and levels of management
- Impeccable writing and proofreading skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team, project timelines and budgets
- Experience as a print or broadcast journalist
- Understanding of SEO as it pertains to digital marketing and communications
- Agency experience
- Bilingual or significant experience with diverse communities
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Ed Heil.