BAE Systems US Combat Systems seeks a part-time communications intern at it's Fridley facility. The intern will work approximately 15-20 hours per week. These hours can be worked in a flexible schedule. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter who has the ability to continue working on a part-time basis during the school year.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Interview, research, and write articles for USCS weekly newsletter, bi-monthly publication, and intranet.
2. Plan/execute charitable giving activities.
3. Manage small communications projects.
1. Completion of at least four semesters toward a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
2. Strong interviewing and writing skills.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
4. Good project management and organizational skills.
BAE Systems is the premier global defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, information technology solutions, and customer support services. With 105,000 employees worldwide, BAE Systems had 2008 sales of $34.4 billion
BAE Systems U.S. Combat Systems employs more than 6,700 people in the U.S. and internationally. U.S. Combat Systems is a leader in designing, rapidly prototyping and manufacturing protected fighting vehicle platforms and survivability solutions that support and protect the current and future forces.
Current weapons systems production for the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and international customers include:
- Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles (MRAP)
- Bradley Family of Vehicles
- DDG 1000
- M109 155mm self propelled howitzer to include current M109A6 Paladin
- M9 Armored Combat Earthmover (ACE)
- M113 Family of Vehicles to include armored personnel carriers, medical, command and control, engineering mortar launching vehicles
Technology developments in composite materials, hybrid electric power systems, active protective suites, integrated vehicle survivability, reactive and passive armor kits, crew station design, training systems, unmanned ground vehicle capabilities and other features position the organization at the forefront for future ground combat system developments.
U.S. Combat Systems is certified to ISO 9001 standards and Capability Maturity Model - Integrated (CMM-I) for systems and software engineering.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ...