- Develop messages and conduct outreach to multicultural audiences and other community groups.
- Planning and staffing of booths at community events or environmental fairs.
- Develop and implement communications plans, for projects like Cool County Initiative, Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events, recycling and water quality issues.
- Other communication duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have completed significant college level course work in communications, psychology, sociology, public administration or environmental studies.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. using Microsoft Excel and Publisher is desired.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Access to a vehicle to transport self and promotional supplies to and from events within the metro area.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Desirable if fluent in Spanish, Somali, Hmong or other foreign language.
Work Hours & Duration:
Approximately 20 hours per week for up to 12 months. This position requires some evenings and weekend hours.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than .