Globe University/Minnesota School of Business is committed to providing career-focused education that enables its students to reach their career and life goals. With 18 locations in Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin, this position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing college. Globe University/Minnesota School of Business, a 130-year-old career college, has an immediate opening for a Social Media Content Strategist at Globe University in Woodbury, MN. Globe Education Network is seeking a writer with marketing and social media expertise.
The ideal candidate will bring a track record of building a large and loyal following in the social media space based on original content. In addition to working with the Communications team, you will connect with other cross-functional members of the organization to define, plan and execute long-term social engagement solutions as well as create messaging for marketing campaigns, web sites, social media platforms and other communications. You will be the go-to-person for the entire organization in helping all GEN schools create maximum value through participation in the important area of social media marketing & consumer engagement.
Key Responsibilities Include: Support:
- Create the social media communications plan to integrate with our web, marketing, PR and corp. communications initiatives.
- Help with measuring and monitoring social media activity, by setting up and using HootSuite, TweetDeck, Tweetalizer, or others. Collect and analyze information from these tools and our SEO/SEM stats to evaluate our performance and engagement in social media channels (with our followers/audience, and effectiveness of our content). Make recommendations about what we write about, where we should post content, and how we should post.
- Create goals/engagement strategy for each social media channel.
- Learn and incorporate best practices from competitor efforts in social media
- Establish a process which would involve GEN employees in reinforcing key messages using their own Tweets, FB posts, etc.
- Customer engagement tools (i.e. create content for webinars, newsletters, bulletins, email blasts, press releases, copy for videos and podcasts)
- Monitor blog posts and traffic in blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, RSS feeds on sites
- Upload videos to YouTube
- Respond to questions and requests from internal customers: creating new blogs and Facebook pages, making improvements to existing ones, giving access to new contributors
- Manage the Students Blog: hire and train new bloggers, promote the content with monthly emails to all students, help with day-to-day problems and questions, encourage more posts.
- Keep up with Google Alerts of mentions of our brands, monitor socialmention.com for other mentions not found in Google Alerts
- Create content about service learning projects
- Create video and photo contests for students to try, post winning entries on Flickr or YouTube
- Create quizzes, organize Webinars, and whatever else you can think of.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- BA in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing or equivalent job experience
- 3+ years of marketing experience working in the area of social networking, online marketing and web analytics is preferred.
- Demonstrates experience using web analytic tools. Proven track record of success in a metrics-driven environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrates excellence in writing and editing; specifically writing for the web, recognizing consumer expectations for impact, content and length.