Application Deadline: July 12, 2010.
Appointment: Unlimited Full-Time
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Pay Range: $36,665- $53,265 annually, depending on qualifications.
- Responsible for creation, production, and distribution of college's major printed materials;
- Write feature stories, sidebars, photo cutlines, and announcements;
- Work with designers, photographers, and other vendors in layout, proofing, printing, and distribution of publications;
- Write press releases and coordinate publicity and public relations activities;
- Participate in marketing and promotion planning and implementation;
- Create and implement event and other promotion campaigns;
- Contribute content to college website.
- Knowledge of journalistic principles and practices and standard style guides.
- Knowledge of graphic arts, layout and production techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of marketing and communications principles and strategies sufficient to implement effective marketing and promotion.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to research, write, edit and organize a variety of communication materials and to prepare comprehensive documents and internal/external communications.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software sufficient to create/format publications.
- Strong organizational and work management skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience and proficiency with InDesign, PhotoShop, and AcrobatPro.
- Experience in areas of public and media relations, advertising, marketing, graphic design, editing, proofing, and events organizing.
- Experience in a post-secondary educational institution.
- Understanding of the dynamics and design considerations of Web-based or other electronic media.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of internal and external customers.