The Publications Editor will be responsible for the strategic oversight, planning, and supervision of resources that support the ongoing content management of LandO’Lakes Corporate print publications including growing together magazine and Headlines and online communications vehicles including landolakesinc.com and the Intranet This position will also assist the department with other communications activities as needed, specifically corporate public relations and general corporate
communications. Content development – Set strategic direction for division’s print publications and online content and manage content development for both editorial calendars.
Supervise writing and editing of articles for corporate publications, as well as working closely with web communications to re- purpose stories for online content. Work with company staff and outside vendors as needed. Contribute writing and editing as necessary. Miscellaneous communications activities – Assist department with other project management, development, writing and editing as necessary. Part of team to implement department-wide projects (e.g.,Annual Meeting).
Required (Basic) Experience & Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field required.
• A minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience in communications, journalism, public relations.
• Demonstrated writing and editing expertise focused on producing clean, quality, AP-Style materials that deliver intended message.
• Extensive publications experience including magazine and newsletter production required.
• Computer knowledge – Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Stellent or other web content management tools)
Required Competencies & Other Skills:
• Strong interpersonal communication skills to include both verbal and written skills.
• Results oriented with the ability to work independently and under deadline pressures while managing multiple, changing priorities.
• Demonstrate leadership skills with ability to develop strategic plans and follow through to execution, meeting pre-determined deadlines.
• Demonstrated capability in setting and managing budgets
• Strong project management and problem-solving/prioritization skills.
• Must be able to project a positive public image and professional demeanor and be comfortable interacting with all levels of people in the organization.
• A quick study on complex issues related to agriculture and food manufacturing industry.
• Ability to travel.
Preferred Experience & Education:
• Strong preference for prior agricultural orientation/experience.
• Strong interest in and passion for writing and publications development.
• Prior Public Relations experience desired.
• Experience supervising outside vendors and agencies for assorted projects/initiatives.
Percentage of Travel 10%
Visit Land O' Lakes online to apply now.