Responsibilities in the fast-paced environment to include, but not limited to, the following: monitoring media coverage, filing and recording press clippings, working Timberwolves home games, assisting with team's community news program and other public relations department projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and record local media coverage.
- Search all print media for Timberwolves content, distributing to staff and updating player/personnel files.
- Participate in Timberwolves game-day in-arena media setup and take down.
- Assist with game-night media hospitality.
- Provide media and teams with statistical and press content.
- Produce and deliver visiting team media packets.
- Deliver content for team's community newspaper program.
- Assist with writing press releases and newsletters.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least a junior or senior in college.
- Communications major (public relations, journalism, etc.) preferred
- Must be able to receive college credit for professional experience gained.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task under time constraints
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Strong writing & communications skills necessary
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to work for college credit only?
2. Are you able to work nights, weekends, and holidays?
3. Do you have local housing within the metro area?
4. Are you at least a junior or senior in college?
Apply for this position