Successful candidates will participate directly in the development of editorial content for multiple amateur sports websites, including MN Hockey Hub, a site that provides comprehensive coverage of Minnesota boys high school hockey.
We offer an open, relaxed, creative atmosphere and work with a team of other extremely talented individuals in a fantastic loft-style office space (13 foot ceilings, hardwood floors, brick and timber finish, and tons of windows).
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Gather and input rosters, schedules, scores and statistics into database applications
- Cover events live through blogging, statistical input and creation of photo galleries
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of Content Management System (CMS) used to manage TST Media properties
- Assist in the answering of phones and e-mails and in the monitoring of digital fax queues
- Write and edit breaking news stories, game stories and features
- Create and post video highlight packages and features
- Promote articles and write, edit and update content on social media sites (ie, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc).
- Excellent writing and computer skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays as required
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with the Associated Press Stylebook
- Ability to manage deadlines effectively by completing projects quickly with high standards of quality