- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in sports information or athletic public relations
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with statistical and layout/design software (StatCrew, QuarkXPress)
- Direct involvement with all 25 Gopher sports, while serving as the primary media contact for women's basketball.
- Write press releases, competition previews, game/meet notes and feature stories
- Manage media operations at home events for assigned sports
- Assist with the production of media guides and game programs
- Record in-game statistics and compile season statistics
- Submit required weekly reports to the Big Ten Conference
- Maintain and provide content for gophersports.com
- Other tasks as assigned
The Communications Internship will begin on Monday, August 9, 2010, and continue through April 30. 2011, with a stipend of $1000.00 per month.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, is beginning the search for 2010-2011 interns in the areas of M Club, Championships, Ticket Office, Marketing, Golden Gopher Fund, Golden Gopher Fund (service coordinator), Athletic Communications, Event Management (2), Facilities Management ~Bierman/Gibson Nagurski, Facilities Management ~TCF Bank Stadium, Facilities Management ~ Mariucci/Ridder/Baseline; Facilities Management ~ Williams/Pavilion, Football Recruiting/Operations, Football Recruiting and Technologies. Gopher Athletics offers 25 NCAA sponsored Division I sports and participates in the Big Ten and WCHA conferences. The Department's mission reads: To serve as a window to the University in an environment of integrity and equity that enables student-athletes to achieve excellence in their academic and athletic pursuits. Gopher Athletics' vision is to be the model Division I program in the country and has adopted four core values that guide decisions and behaviors in ongoing efforts to fulfill the mission and vision: (1) a confident and humble pride, (2) integrity in our words and deeds, (3) respect for the dignity of ALL stakeholders, and (4) loyalty built on honest and trusting relationships.
The Intercollegiate Athletic Department is committed to hiring a diverse staff and actively encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Apply for this position online now.