Under the direction of the VP, Consumer Marketing the Social Media Specialist supports the development and implementation of Hearth & Home Technologies social media strategy. The ideal candidate for this role will have successful experience managing social media content, strong written communication skills, and is comfortable in a fast paced, multi-tasking, dead line oriented environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Launch and manage social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other relevant sites and channels.
• Work with external agency to approve and implement strategy and campaigns.
• Work across departments to ensure proper messaging is executed online and is relevant to organizational goals.
• Support and protect globally recognized brands by ensuring positive messaging is maintained in the social media community.
• Establish consistency of message across multiple networks.
• Manage online discussions by listening to users and responding in a timely manner to users’ needs and requests.
• Monitor and track discussion topics for Senior Leadership Team.
• Establish metrics to measure success and prepare reports to update Members on usage statistics.
• Cultivate and maintain blogger lists and relationships.
• Coordinate and write brief online videos for sales and/or instruction on products.
• Coordinate and project manage email marketing campaigns.
• Manage B2C e-mail marketing communications.
• 2-4 years professional work experience.
• Must have active accounts across key social media sites (MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
• Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using "social networking speak" and online jargon.
• Traditional public relations experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
• Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organization skills.
• Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team full of opinions and ideas.
• Online search expert able to track and monitor postings relevant to the brand.
• Experience with Exact Target or other enterprise e-mail marketing software a plus
• College degree in liberal arts, journalism, PR or new media.
Apply online now at http://hnicareers.com/.