This position provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on corporate positioning and reputation, marketing, internal communications, issues management and high-level media relations.
- Responsible for creating, packaging, managing, and implementing strategies and communications programs working alongside senior client executives.
- Candidate will focus on a variety of corporate and internal issues for clients, including:
- Employee communications about corporate priorities, new products, services, etc.
- Corporate communications (executive positioning, brand management, values-based communications, etc.).
- Change communications (downsizings; mergers, acquisitions and spin-offs; reorganizations, etc.).
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- The ideal candidate will have eight to ten years of overall experience managing projects and producing materials specifically related to corporate, employee and internal communications in a PR Agency, consulting or corporate setting; agency experience is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or a related area.
- A strong understanding of business and corporate communications management trends is essential, as is proven understanding of the issues surrounding the management of a company's reputation with the media.
- The candidate will have broad-ranging experience in developing and executing media relations and communications aimed at influencing a broad range of stakeholders, including the general public, employees, directors, analysts, and third parties.
- Understanding of multiple internal communication media including face-to-face, print, e-mail, voicemail, web cast, and blogs.
- Excellent, versatile writing skills are essential, with experience in all forms of corporate and executive communication, from business media news releases to executive talking points.
- Must be digital savvy and be able to integrate digital communications tactics into the holistic communications strategy.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate corporate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure.
- Results-focused approach with a commitment to go the extra mile for clients.
- Confident interacting with members of senior management.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to recommend, initiate work and projects with minimal direction.
- Ability to establish budgets and timelines and manage projects within those parameters.