Come join us in Gcom, General Mills' Marketing Communication group. As part of Gcom, you will intern with one of our Marketing Communication functional teams including Promotion Marketing, PR, Interactive Marketing and more. Marketing Communication Interns spend 10-12 weeks at our Corporate Headquarters learning from our internal functional teams. While the assignments and projects vary depending on the business needs, we provide you with meaningful assignments that will have real impact on our business.
You will assist in the development of consumer communications and activity for varying business units. You will focus on flawless execution while ensuring program budgets and timelines are met. Not only will you receive exposure to the consumer products industry, you’ll develop a working knowledge of Marketing Communications vehicles and various functional knowledge.
As a Marketing Communications Intern, you will work closely with a GCom Manager and Business Teams to develop promotion objectives, strategies and programs consistent with overall brand marketing objectives.
You will be challenged to recognize opportunities and generate new ideas that have a positive impact on the business. The ability to identify communication elements strengths and weaknesses in achieving a business objective is critical to success in this role.
You will assist in coordinating, developing, and executing program communications and materials. You will be responsible for reporting program status and final results to your assigned brands.
By acting as key liaison between GCom, Marketing, Sales, agencies and suppliers, you’ll develop a broad network of effective working relationships with agencies, vendors, tie-in partners, customers, and colleagues.
Key Competencies for Position
- Strategic Thinking with External Focus: Understands business issues and implications of decisions on performance Influences business decisions through innovation and best practice sharing.
- Creativity: Demonstrates the ability to bring fresh thinking to problems/opportunities and to generate innovative courses of action to meet business needs.
- Initiative with Bias for Results: Displays proactive urgency, focused on specific, ambitious goals. With personal accountability for achieving results.
- Business Knowledge: Demonstrates broad business knowledge and understands key business drivers. Has the essential technical and functional expertise and application to achieve outstanding performance.
- Relationship Building: Effectively builds fair and mutually beneficial relationships with other employees, outside agencies, vendors, and business partners.
We look for the following attributes in our new hires:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage projects while meeting deadlines
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
Marketing Communication Interns are considered for full-time offers within the Gcom team.
General Mills World Headquarters, Minneapolis, MN Qualification Degrees Preferred:
B.S., or B.A. degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations State/City MN - Minneapolis
Apply online now.