Metro Transit, a division of the Metropolitan Council, has a student internship available to assist with the coordination and implementation of outreach activities to support the Central Corridor light rail transit community outreach team. This position will work with staff to support public meetings, maintain the contact database and distribute information about the central corridor light rail.
|Examples of Duties:|
* Work with staff to support construction communications.
* Distribute information about the central corridor light rail via electronic media such as Constant Contact, Publisher and website.
* Maintain the contact database with routine updates.
* Candidates must be enrolled in a communication, planning, public policy or public relations program from an accredited academic college or university
* Experience in public speaking
* Intermediate skill level in using Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Excel and the internet
* Ability to speak fluently in more than one language preferred.
|Work Environment:Work is usually performed in a standard office setting but will require travel between primary work site to other sites periodically. Additionally this position will participate in events that are held outside and will be exposed to the elements.|
Physical Requirements:Regularly required to sit for long periods, stand/walk occasionally, speak, hear normal conversation and telephone ring tones, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands/arms frequently below chest height and occasionally overhead, must occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 10 pounds.
This position requires some lifting and moving boxes, boards, laptop, projector and other equipment necessary for public meetings. Must have adequate close vision for reading and computer work. Some work is occasionally performed during evenings and on weekends.
Selection Process:Candidate will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration based upon the results of the following assessment process:
* Training and Experience Rating (review of application and supplemental questions).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position. Regular attendance is an essential responsibility.
All employment offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
The Metropolitan Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. If you have a disability that requires accommodation during the selection process, please notify human resources at 612/349-7558.
Monday, September 06, 2010
Metropolitan Council - Internship
Posted by Ryan May