Purpose is to provide the student with a broad look at the communications needs of a major corporation and opportunities to support staff with writing for publications, coordinating projects and assisting in the planning and implementation of special events.
The intern will assist on several tactical communications projects: internal web migration upgrade, digital asset management project, and company XcelTV informational messages.
Part-time academic internship position to start this semester (2-3 days or 16-24 hours per week). Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide writing samples. This internship may extend through next summer, based on performance and business need.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company.
- Current student, Junior (third year) or higher majoring in communications, journalism, public relations or related degree.
- Only current students will be considered (please, no recent graduates).
- Minimum 3.2 GPA required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work on a project team.
- Must have good skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide writing samples.