PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The New Media Intern will be given significant responsibility and opportunity to develop and maintain IARP’s website and social media presence. The intern will develop dynamic web pages using Wordpress and will assist with IARP’s social media strategy. As a new media intern, you will gain hands-on experience and be given a large degree of responsibility that will be an asset for a future career in multimedia and graphics, project management, or web software development. Students who are studying New Media or Computer Science are strongly encouraged to apply.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Interest in and knowledge of social media and website development
* Intermediate HTML and CSS skills; basic Photoshop skills
* Ability to manage time and work effectively without close supervision
* Interest in international relations, peace-building, or international non-profit organizations helpful
* Approximately 10-25 hours per week (or as determined by selected applicant’s schedule).
* Specific dates of internship are negotiable.
* Compensation: this is an unpaid internship. Intern will gain significant experience in using new media for social change and will play a key role in our media strategy. If you are a student, optional credit can be applied for.
* Position open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this internship, please download the Intern Application available on our website at http://reconciliationproject.org/about/employment-and-internships/ and include a cover letter, resume, and URL’s of websites or interactive media projects you have worked on. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the application to:
Iraqi and American Reconciliation Project
3701 26th Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55406