Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Medtronic - Print Public Relations / Communications Specialist
The Principal Public Relations and Communications specialist serves as Medtronic’s resource in creating, implementing and executing processes and systems within the public relations function. This position is responsible for researching and implementing industry best practices in regards to news collection and distribution; press release review and approval processes; the use of the internet and other electronic vehicles in public relations campaigns; agency reviews and selection; results measurement systems and reporting; and other general public relations procedures, guidelines and policies.
Recommends creation of systems, processes and policies for the effective operations of the public relations function within the company, including ownership for the following items:
- Press release review and approval processes
- Medtronic News Room, Internet and electronic vehicles (VNRs, etc)
- News collection and distribution
- Results measurement, tracking and reporting
- Materials archiving and fulfillment
- Collaborates with business unit and corporate PR teams and Corporate Communications Senior Staff globally to ensure adequate and effective tools, policies and procedures are in place to perform the public relations function successfully
- Principal contact with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure processes and policies are appropriate for implementation and execution
- Identifies, recommends and justifies the use of systems and tools to maximize performance, including software, hardware, etc.
- Collaborates on the development of budgets and outlines requirements for systems and key operations within the corporate PR department; secures senior management approval when appropriate
- Researches, recommends and implements industry best practices regarding the public relations function as appropriate
- Manages key PR functional meetings and events
Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, marketing, communications or related field.
• 7+ years of corporate communications experience with a BA Degree or 5+ years of corporate communications experience with a Masters Degree
• Detailed oriented person with demonstrated abilities to execute on plans
• Excellent project planning skills, communication delivery execution
• Ability to work with complex and sensitive information.
• Ability to work well and excel under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Ability to create and leverage influential networks
• Technical abilities consistent with available communication tools: email, presentations, websites, internet, intranet
• Excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective relationships across a variety of functions
• Independent thinker/hard worker
• Ability to work with all levels of management and employees
• Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and set priorities
• Organization and problem-solving skills
• Ability to interact positively with diverse community members
• Health care industry experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or medical device company/agency
• Understanding of Medtronic’s businesses
Apply online now.
Posted by Unknown